3 replies to this topic

#1 cardsnumber7

cardsnumber7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hello,
This is my first post and I hope someone can help, last resort.
Anyway, I purchased a DVC 80 a few months ago. Worked fine, had some trouble somewhere, tried to uninstall and reinstall because of audio problems.

My audio files show up as question marks and will not play. Also, after I record a video file, then go to audio studio, the audio files will not show up, but when I play the file, it does record the audio.

I have also downloaded my program on an older laptop, and everything works correctly the way it did on my newer laptop. Older laptop don't have enough memory to rercord alot of video files. I also cleared out all the files under regedit also, no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

Usually, question marks mean that the program has lost the 'link' to the audio files.

Have you moved the audio files from their original location?

I'm not quite sure how you get them back, but I'll take a 'last resort' guess.

You need to find the 'preferences' that show where the default audio files are stored.   Then either change the 'default' location to the file where your audio files are currently stored, or move those audio files to the default location.

Let us know what you find.  I don't have VW 4 installed.  The other problem you may have is that current versions of Internet Explorer can 'break' the older versions of VW.
ml

flying squirrel......"It's more of a gliding thing....."

Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.2 Ghz desktop processor E4500;
3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive;
500GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive;
Windows Vista Home Premium ,
ATI RADEON HD 2400,Built-in TV tuner , High-definition audio (8-speaker support), HDMI
Multiformat media reader,
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports,
PCI card with 4 USB 2.0 and 2 IEEE 1394 ports,
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

#3 cardsnumber7

cardsnumber7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (ml @ Feb 2 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually, question marks mean that the program has lost the 'link' to the audio files.

Have you moved the audio files from their original location?

I'm not quite sure how you get them back, but I'll take a 'last resort' guess.

You need to find the 'preferences' that show where the default audio files are stored.   Then either change the 'default' location to the file where your audio files are currently stored, or move those audio files to the default location.

Let us know what you find.  I don't have VW 4 installed.  The other problem you may have is that current versions of Internet Explorer can 'break' the older versions of VW.

First of all, thank you very much for the reply.

Well, I have found them they all play in Windows media, I found them buy trying to rename the files. But they should be in the capture folder, and they are not.

For some reason, when I try to add files and add them, that doesn't work either.

I'm not sure what you mean on finding preferences, could you elaborate a little more?

#4 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (cardsnumber7 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First of all, thank you very much for the reply.

Well, I have found them they all play in Windows media, I found them buy trying to rename the files. But they should be in the capture folder, and they are not.

For some reason, when I try to add files and add them, that doesn't work either.

I'm not sure what you mean on finding preferences, could you elaborate a little more?

Sorry it took so long to reply.   I forgot to check back.

It's fairly common for programs to 'lose' audio or video when you uninstall and reinstall.

You're going to have to check the various options in VW4 and change the 'capture' folder to the folder where the audio files are currently stored.   That should allow the program to 'see' the audio files.    

However, I don't have VW4 installed and really don't know if it'll work without having to add the files back to the storyboard/timeline.
ml

flying squirrel......"It's more of a gliding thing....."

Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.2 Ghz desktop processor E4500;
3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive;
500GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive;
Windows Vista Home Premium ,
ATI RADEON HD 2400,Built-in TV tuner , High-definition audio (8-speaker support), HDMI
Multiformat media reader,
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports,
PCI card with 4 USB 2.0 and 2 IEEE 1394 ports,
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users