HAshworth

Startup error

Question

Recently I started getting an error message right after I turn on my pc each time during the Windows start up. I am using Windows Vista and get a pop up window that says "Can't find certificate file", even though I haven't yet launched Roxio.

5 answers to this question

Recently I started getting an error message right after I turn on my pc each time during the Windows start up. I am using Windows Vista and get a pop up window that says "Can't find certificate file", even though I haven't yet launched Roxio.

Please confirm that you have Easy Media Creator 7 or 7.5 provided by Roxio and not a different version or one that was given to you as part of a computer load or a hardware software add-on. Those are OEM versions and help would come from the supplier.

Easy Media Creator versions lower than 9.1 are not Vista Certified. Perhaps that is why it won't run.

Edited by sknis

It's Version 7 which I bought as a stand alone product off the Shelf at a local Staples store. It used to run fine . Its only been recently that I started getting this error pop up on start up. My assumption is that I must have done something I shouldn't have.

It's Version 7 which I bought as a stand alone product off the Shelf at a local Staples store. It used to run fine . Its only been recently that I started getting this error pop up on start up. My assumption is that I must have done something I shouldn't have.

It isn't going to work with Vista. Time to upgrade.

Forget it - it won't work correctly with IE7 and/or Media Player 10 (or higher).