• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 microsmoothe

microsmoothe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

I have been using Toast for a long time, upgraded to 7 titanium  a couple of years back, ran perfectly.

Launched it a few months ago on the SAME computer (Dual quad core intel 10.5.8) and it refused to launch.

So I trashed the app, and did a fresh install when I was urged to get the latest version of 7 (7.13 I think) which I did and installed, and same exact problem- the app will not launch AT ALL.

I thought maybe the permission needed a looking at so I unlocked it- nothing happened.

Its obvious there is a software conflict of some sort. The super drive works fine otherwise, no known issues with the mac or any other apps.

I AM AT MY WITS END AND I NEED THIS PROGRAM TO WORK!!

Any suggestions?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

I no longer have Toast 7 on any computer. One thing that can prevent Toast from launching is the presence of any Xvid codec in one of the Library>QuickTime folders. If you have any of these trash them and install perian instead.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (tsantee @ Feb 10 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I no longer have Toast 7 on any computer. One thing that can prevent Toast from launching is the presence of any Xvid codec in one of the Library>QuickTime folders. If you have any of these trash them and install perian instead.

I was having the same problems as the original poster on this thread -- Toast 7.1.3 just suddenly refused to open. The drive on my MacBook Pro would make its normal "access" sounds, and then the app would "unexpectedly quit".

I deleted the Xvid file that I had in my Library>Quicktime folder, emptied the trash, reopened Toast 7 and it worked.

THANK YOU TSANTEE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users