#1 Ralpho

Ralpho

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:02 PM

Roxio easy audio capture cannot open my sound device. I get this error:

"Roxio easy audio capture could not open sound device! (Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi))"

Everything about the sound card works in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit version. It's just that Roxio cannot seem to work with my sound card. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,684 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Ralpho @ Feb 21 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roxio easy audio capture cannot open my sound device. I get this error:

"Roxio easy audio capture could not open sound device! (Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi))"

Everything about the sound card works in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit version. It's just that Roxio cannot seem to work with my sound card. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Are you plugged directly into your sound card or going through a USB device?

Have you enabled it in W7.  I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 so the images may not be the same for you.  Also remember to select playback device and then speakers or you won't be able to listen to what you are recording.  Found that out the hard way yesterday.  rolleyes.gif

Recording

[attachment=12580:visat_au...ettings1.jpg]

Listening

[attachment=12581:enable_speakers.jpg]

Edited by sknis, 22 February 2010 - 04:34 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Ralpho

Ralpho

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. My speakers are set up like you have it under "playback":

Speakers
Creative SB X-Fi
Default Device

My "recording" is as follows:

Digital-In
Creative SB X-Fi
Default Device

I cannot change this to another default device. It used to be so simple through Easy Audio Capture when you'd just set the "device" to "What you hear". That option is no longer allowed. I just don't understand why I can't record audio off the internet because EMC can't open an existing sound card that works fine, is enabled in Windows, I ran all diagnostics on it and all the speakers work it's just frustrating. Anyway, I still have my issue but thanks for the help.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,684 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

You never mentioned that you were trying to capture from the internet.  I thought that you were trying to capture from an external device.  

Are you doing this?

If you right click, to show disabled devices?  If it shows, can you then enable it?

Are you getting any indication of audio in the levels with any of the choices.  Just try all that you see.  

Once again, I don't have W7 so I'm not going to be of great help.

Edited by sknis, 22 February 2010 - 02:49 PM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Ralpho

Ralpho

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for your help so far....I'm sorry I didn't let you know what I was recording: I tried to record a song from a dvd I was playing through the dvd drive on my computer and I tried to record some internet audio, too. Neither worked. I just found out something new that when I bring up Easy Audio Capture none of the sound options show any audio coming from them (did this at your request). I then looked at the actual volume bar in ESR and it was set completely off. I tried to move the volume bar and the program immediately crashes. So I think the reason I cannot use it is because the install wasn't complete/good for this particular part of EMC.

From your attachmenet I don't even get two drop down boxes (One for capture and the other for input. I just get the capture box). I am going to completely uninstall it and then reinstall it and see if it works. Thanks for the assistance. If you have any other suggestion that would be ok, too, but I believe a complete uninstall and a reinstall might do the trick!

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,684 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:45 AM

Just to make sure we are on the same page.  The screen shots I posted are part of the OS - Vista 64 Ultimate.
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users