• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobs3wife

bobs3wife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

I have an old bushnell set of binoculars that came with a cd, etc.  The cd downloaded, I can get into the program but it is saying that my computer cannot read the camera(binoculars).  Is there a download to update this program to windows xp instead fo windows 2000?  Or am I just out of luck and they don't work with my computer.  I have had them for 5 years and found them again and tried to use them. Thanks for any and all help

#2 firenhancer

firenhancer

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (bobs3wife @ Feb 27 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an old bushnell set of binoculars that came with a cd, etc.  The cd downloaded, I can get into the program but it is saying that my computer cannot read the camera(binoculars).  Is there a download to update this program to windows xp instead fo windows 2000?  Or am I just out of luck and they don't work with my computer.  I have had them for 5 years and found them again and tried to use them. Thanks for any and all help

1. The version of product is a bundled version with bushnell
2. The product is 6+ year old and has been EOL/EOS

I hate to say but time to move on and consider newer product

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,509 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (bobs3wife @ Feb 27 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you said downloaded, did you mean installed?  Two very different things

How is the camera connected to your computer or is it through a memory card?  Can you just copy the files off the binoculars to your computer using Windows XP?  Can you tell what kind of files are on the binoculars?

PhotoSuite 4 may have been modified to work with the binoculars so I'm not sure you would be able to get much help.  There is not update but there are newer version.  That doesn't mean that the newer programs will work.   Read/watch this..  you may be able to try the free version to see if it works.

Moved to PhotoShow 4 part of the forum.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 bobs3wife

bobs3wife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ Feb 27 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you said downloaded, did you mean installed?  Two very different things  

How is the camera connected to your computer or is it through a memory card?  Can you just copy the files off the binoculars to your computer using Windows XP?  Can you tell what kind of files are on the binoculars?

PhotoSuite 4 may have been modified to work with the binoculars so I'm not sure you would be able to get much help.  There is not update but there are newer version.  That doesn't mean that the newer programs will work.   Read/watch this..  you may be able to try the free version to see if it works.

Moved to PhotoShow 4 part of the forum.

i MEANT INSTALLED/ CAMERA IS CONNECTED BY A USB PORT//WHEN I HOOK IT UP IT TELLS ME THE COMPUTER CANNOT READ  THE CAMERA

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,509 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (bobs3wife @ Feb 28 2010, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i MEANT INSTALLED/ CAMERA IS CONNECTED BY A USB PORT//WHEN I HOOK IT UP IT TELLS ME THE COMPUTER CANNOT READ  THE CAMERA

Please don't yell (All caps is yelling.

If Windows doesn't see the camera, then neither will any programs.  Double check to make sure you have a good USB cable and that it is plugged into a USB port on the backof your  computer if you have a desk top.  Do not plug it into a USB hub.  Double check the connections to make sure you don't have bent or missing pins.  

Does the camera have removable memory card?  You should be able to plug that into a memory card reader.  Is there and on/off button to use when it is connected to the coputer?   Is the camera powered by the USB wire when it is plugged in or by the batteries.  Are your batteries very strong?

What model binoculars?  Perhaps we can find some information on it on the web.

Edited by sknis, 28 February 2010 - 08:21 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users