Tom O

CD Plays on Computer but not Car

Question

Added software last week. Downloaded CD onto computer and burned on CD w/Roxio. CD plays fine on the computer, but not in my Lexus CD player. Used a memorex 52X CD-R disc. Wasssupp?

7 answers to this question

Added software last week. Downloaded CD onto computer and burned on CD w/Roxio. CD plays fine on the computer, but not in my Lexus CD player. Used a memorex 52X CD-R disc. Wasssupp?

1) Cheap media?

2) You made an mp3 disc and not an audio CD (what files do you see on the CD in your computer?

3) Have you tried to lay it on another car CD - perhaps a Chevy or Ford?

4) Where did you get original the CD?

5) Is ITunes or other on-line music store involved with any of this?

To clarify the first point there, Memorex media has been a problem for more people than any brand mentioned on these boards. You might do well to get some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs, which may solve your problem. But until we know more about exactly what you did, and how you did it (as per the above questions), we're only guessing.

1) Cheap media?

2) You made an mp3 disc and not an audio CD (what files do you see on the CD in your computer?

3) Have you tried to lay it on another car CD - perhaps a Chevy or Ford?

4) Where did you get original the CD?

5) Is ITunes or other on-line music store involved with any of this?

I am having the same problem. Wehn I burn an audio CD, it plays on my new CD player and my car CD player, but not on my older Bose CD palyer. What can I do? Thanks

I am having the same problem. Wehn I burn an audio CD, it plays on my new CD player and my car CD player, but not on my older Bose CD palyer. What can I do? Thanks

Same answer - try a different brand of media - do NOT buy 'cheap and cheerful'

Thanks. I might have been using Memorex; now I'll go get Verbatim. My next question is can I burn using mp3 or wma extensions or do I need to use something else? Thanks again.

Thanks. I might have been using Memorex; now I'll go get Verbatim. My next question is can I burn using mp3 or wma extensions or do I need to use something else? Thanks again.

Please see paragraph #2 of Sknis' post that you quoted.

There are two types of CD, data and audio. If you make a data CD that holds MP3 and other music files it will play on your computer and will probably play on newer CD/DVD players but not some of the older players which will only play Audio CDs.

You can use MP3s and other audio files as the music source with Roxio software to burn a standard Audio-CD. That should play on your older player, unless the older player is one of the real old types which won't play any burned discs at all - they only play pressed silver commercial CDs.