• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Here's what I got. Audio files that I managed to rescue from a 12 yr old data cd.  Back then I had a powermac with 8.5 os and I don't recall which copy of toast I had. I am able to use a program to open the files but they are compressed so it sounds like high speed fast forward aka nasty.
I don't have the mac anymore, the files should be sound designerII files(.sd2) and I do kinda remember compressing the files but I don't remember if it was ProTools(sound designer) or if it was Toast that compressed the files.  I am on windows XP so if it was Toast that compressed them I would like to know how I can get them uncompressed?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:58 AM

Toast will create a .sd2f file as a audio CD "disc image" but does not compress the audio.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (tsantee @ Mar 3 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toast will create a .sd2f file as a audio CD "disc image" but does not compress the audio.

Thanx, I'm leaning towards Pro Tools as being the culprit of the compression as other files were not compressed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users