15 replies to this topic

#1 JimJim02

JimJim02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hello
I'm new to Roxio Creator 2010 - just installed it yesterday to a new HP computer - Windows 7 - with 2 GB of RAM - ACPI x64-based PC - I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Display Card - The computer is very new - 2 mos old.

My drivers seem to be installed correctly - Roxio Video Capture USB and USB 2861 Device showing properly in the Device Manager Sound and Video Area.

I'm using the supplied Video Capture USB Card with both a VHS and a old Sharp viewcam.

The audio and video cables are all in properly but I'm receiving a no signal status when I try to import video. It does show the Roxio Video Capture USB in the dialog box above but status is No Signal.

This is the same for both the VHS Player and Sharp Video Cam.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks Jim

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,066 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (JimJim02 @ Mar 7 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello
I'm new to Roxio Creator 2010 - just installed it yesterday to a new HP computer - Windows 7 - with 2 GB of RAM - ACPI x64-based PC - I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Display Card - The computer is very new - 2 mos old.

My drivers seem to be installed correctly - Roxio Video Capture USB and USB 2861 Device showing properly in the Device Manager Sound and Video Area.

I'm using the supplied Video Capture USB Card with both a VHS and a old Sharp viewcam.

The audio and video cables are all in properly but I'm receiving a no signal status when I try to import video. It does show the Roxio Video Capture USB in the dialog box above but status is No Signal.

This is the same for both the VHS Player and Sharp Video Cam.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks Jim

Where is the USB Device pluged into? No USB Hub, extension cord, anything like that? You are in a rear USB 2.0 port on the tower/laptop?

Using Roxio Media Import and with correct settings? Your Source video is on and running?

RMI.jpg

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 JimJim02

JimJim02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hello

I was using the front USB port - but I did put it in the back USB port with the same no signal results.

The VHS was on and play was hit - In the General options area - I don't have the Input Dialog box where I can select Composit or SVideo. I do see the TV Standard dialog box but it's grayed out and I can't change it.

Jim

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,066 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (JimJim02 @ Mar 8 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello

I was using the front USB port - but I did put it in the back USB port with the same no signal results.

The VHS was on and play was hit - In the General options area - I don't have the Input Dialog box where I can select Composit or SVideo. I do see the TV Standard dialog box but it's grayed out and I can't change it.

Jim

Your Software Creator 2010, using Roxio Media Import, everthing set like the red arrows point to in the pic I posted. You dont have the "Input

Dialog box where I can select Composit or SVideo"!

You have a bad install, try the repair option from add remove programs, see if it helps.

If not # 12 0r 13 in my signature for your operating system..

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 JimJim02

JimJim02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

HI CD - Still no luck - I tried first repairing my software install - still no signal and I don't have the input dialog box on the options page.

I followed your instructions to do a clean un-install and reinstalled the application - with the same results.

No signal when trying to import VHS Video and I still don't have the Input dialog box on the General Options Screen - all I have is the TV Standard which there is no option to change.

Can you suggest another hardware/software option that may work better - willing to get something within the 100-200 dollar range. Do I need to get a AV video capture card or some other type of hardware - any suggestions would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks Jim

#6 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,940 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Sounds more like a driver issue.  Even though it appears correctly in the device manager, uninstall and reinstall the capture device driver. Then reboot the computer to make sure the system loads it correctly.  You should have both the Input and TV Standard drop down lists in the Options dialog box.

Other option: Do you have a digital camcorder?  Just connect the VCR out to the camcorder analog input and record.  I do that most of the time because my camcorder has much better hardware codecs and the results are really good.  For that price range, you could also get a really good set top DVD recorder.  Burn directly from VCR to a DVD.  Videowave can also edit those files.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#7 eddy348

eddy348

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:28 AM

just bought Roxio creator woth vhs to dvd version
installed correctly - Roxio Video Capture USB and USB 2861 Device showing properly in the Device Manager Sound and Video Area.
I can see my webcam working correctly,however

I'm using the supplied Video Capture USB Card with my vhs video Samsung

I  am really upset don t know why is not working as I want to transfert my vhs tapes into dvd and no signal received even everything is correctly installed and connected into my laptop acer 5720 intel core 2 t5250
please help,it seems many people having SAME PROBLEM

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,448 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

Did you turn on the VHS and have it paused?  What do you mean you see the web cam?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 Bob 10

Bob 10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (eddy348 @ Mar 19 2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just bought Roxio creator woth vhs to dvd version
installed correctly - Roxio Video Capture USB and USB 2861 Device showing properly in the Device Manager Sound and Video Area.
I can see my webcam working correctly,however

I'm using the supplied Video Capture USB Card with my vhs video Samsung

I  am really upset don t know why is not working as I want to transfert my vhs tapes into dvd and no signal received even everything is correctly installed and connected into my laptop acer 5720 intel core 2 t5250
please help,it seems many people having SAME PROBLEM

I have had this problem if my source tape is on a blank spot--it seems that there is "no signal" when the source tape is in a blank area and the recording will shut down or not begin.  Moving to an area that had actual video on it worked for me.  Unfortunately, every time it hits a blank spot (such as the source tape having been removed and re-inserted into the camera) you will get a "no signal" message and the recording will stop.  Frustrating because one has to monitor the transfer all of the time.

#10 THI

THI

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Bob 10 @ Mar 19 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had this problem if my source tape is on a blank spot--it seems that there is "no signal" when the source tape is in a blank area and the recording will shut down or not begin.  Moving to an area that had actual video on it worked for me.  Unfortunately, every time it hits a blank spot (such as the source tape having been removed and re-inserted into the camera) you will get a "no signal" message and the recording will stop.  Frustrating because one has to monitor the transfer all of the time.

I have Creator 2010. This is mind blowingly crazy. How in the world could the programmers of Roxio not take care of this. EVERYBODY has VHS with blank, poor sections. Almost all of us have hours and hours of tapes. Sitting next to your computer to keep reclicking on "capture" is ridiculously poor time management. I cannot take this. Luckily I bought from Costco so I will return it.
Also on page 191 of the manual , there is option of "Capture entire tape". however that option is not seen on computer.

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,311 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

Already answered - Here

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 03 April 2010 - 09:42 AM.

Posted Image

#12 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (THI @ Apr 3 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have Creator 2010. This is mind blowingly crazy. How in the world could the programmers of Roxio not take care of this. EVERYBODY has VHS with blank, poor sections. Almost all of us have hours and hours of tapes. Sitting next to your computer to keep reclicking on "capture" is ridiculously poor time management. I cannot take this. Luckily I bought from Costco so I will return it.
Also on page 191 of the manual , there is option of "Capture entire tape". however that option is not seen on computer.

That article you are quoting applies mainly to capturing from a digital DV camcorder, analog is just mentioned in one short sentence at the beginning of the chapter and seems to have been added as an afterthought.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#13 eddy348

eddy348

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ Mar 19 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you turn on the VHS and have it paused?  What do you mean you see the web cam?

sorry for delay was upset didn t use my laptop
if I don t use the the vhs ,I can use use the web cam with the software,but it s not the issue?
the VHS is on "play" but can t capture the video at all,have changed different tapes,same result,have changed different VHS same result
I have spent a lot of money for roxio 2010 vhs to dvd version,to capture my old videos and turn them into dvds,it really depressed me
thanks for your help

#14 SKG

SKG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

I'm having exactly the same problem. I think there is no solution. It basically doesn't work. I'm really fed up as I thought paying for the Creator 2010 upgrade should fix it. Roxio don't seem to be able to do anything about it

#15 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,311 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

View PostSKG, on 18 August 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

I'm having exactly the same problem. I think there is no solution. It basically doesn't work. I'm really fed up as I thought paying for the Creator 2010 upgrade should fix it. Roxio don't seem to be able to do anything about it
Not even close to the same problem!

I posted a suggestion in the other old Topic you broke into: Here
Posted Image

#16 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,149 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

View PostSKG, on 18 August 2010 - 09:33 AM, said:

Have you tried connecting another analog source (DVD player/Camcorder) to the USB device.

If a Scart cable is involved in your hook up, make sure you have one like this  http://www.amazon.co...41109242&sr=8-1

Edited by ogdens, 18 August 2010 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users