Question

I have recent purchased MyDVD10. I am trying to burn a DVD with 6 MPEG movies. I would like to play an intro movie automatically and then play all 6 movies automatically without seeing the menu or requiring any action (i.e. pushing the play button). Once all the movies have finished I would like the menu to re-appear and be ready to play all the movies again. However, I would still like to be able to navigate through the menu and play only selected movies if I choose. I have tried using the first thumbnail as a play all button but it still won't play automatically after the intro movie. Could you please suggest how I could do this.

3 answers to this question

I have recent purchased MyDVD10. I am trying to burn a DVD with 6 MPEG movies. I would like to play an intro movie automatically and then play all 6 movies automatically without seeing the menu or requiring any action (i.e. pushing the play button). Once all the movies have finished I would like the menu to re-appear and be ready to play all the movies again. However, I would still like to be able to navigate through the menu and play only selected movies if I choose. I have tried using the first thumbnail as a play all button but it still won't play automatically after the intro movie. Could you please suggest how I could do this.

THe only way I could possibly see it working the way you describe would be to duplicate the 6 movies on the DVD. First you would have to create an mpeg file that is made up of all 6 movies and use that mpeg as the intro movie.

Then you will have to create a menu for the 6 movies.

After the Intro is played (which would be the 6 movies), control goes to the menu where you would the be able to select each individual movie.

Of course if the total time of all movies is greater then 60 minutes then this will not work without significant compression and loss of quality.

Thanks for that.

I am not going to be able to fit all the movies (12 in all) on a DVD without watching just a pixelated mess due to compression.

What if I ditched the intro movie, how do I get the first movie which is in the menu and linked to a button to play automatically when you insert the DVD.

Thanks for that.

I am not going to be able to fit all the movies (12 in all) on a DVD without watching just a pixelated mess due to compression.

What if I ditched the intro movie, how do I get the first movie which is in the menu and linked to a button to play automatically when you insert the DVD.

If you have a menu, then you cannot have a movie play automatically.