• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 craig.roulston

craig.roulston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

I have recent purchased MyDVD10. I am trying to burn a DVD with 6 MPEG movies. I would like to play an intro movie automatically and then play all 6 movies automatically without seeing the menu or requiring any action (i.e. pushing the play button). Once all the movies have finished I would like the menu to re-appear and be ready to play all the movies again. However, I would still like to be able to navigate through the menu and play only selected movies if I choose. I have tried using the first thumbnail as a play all button but it still won't play automatically after the intro movie. Could you please suggest how I could do this.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,942 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (craig.roulston @ Mar 11 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have recent purchased MyDVD10. I am trying to burn a DVD with 6 MPEG movies. I would like to play an intro movie automatically and then play all 6 movies automatically without seeing the menu or requiring any action (i.e. pushing the play button). Once all the movies have finished I would like the menu to re-appear and be ready to play all the movies again. However, I would still like to be able to navigate through the menu and play only selected movies if I choose. I have tried using the first thumbnail as a play all button but it still won't play automatically after the intro movie. Could you please suggest how I could do this.

THe only way I could possibly see it working the way you describe would be to duplicate the 6 movies on the DVD. First you would have to create an mpeg file that is made up of all 6 movies and use that mpeg as the intro movie.
Then you will have to create a menu for the 6 movies.
After the Intro is played (which would be the 6 movies), control goes to the menu where you would the be able to select each individual movie.
Of course if the total time of all movies is greater then 60 minutes then this will not work without significant compression and loss of quality.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 craig.roulston

craig.roulston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for that.

I am not going to be able to fit all the movies (12 in all) on a DVD without watching just a pixelated mess due to compression.

What if I ditched the intro movie, how do I get the first movie which is in the menu and linked to a button to play automatically when you insert the DVD.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,942 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (craig.roulston @ Mar 11 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that.

I am not going to be able to fit all the movies (12 in all) on a DVD without watching just a pixelated mess due to compression.

What if I ditched the intro movie, how do I get the first movie which is in the menu and linked to a button to play automatically when you insert the DVD.

If you have a menu, then you cannot have a movie play automatically.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users