Dantley

"EASY" VHS TO DVD / CAN'T INSTALL WITH W7

Question

I can't install the software on my PC which is running Windows 7.
I do have the W7 COMPATIBLE software

THE ERROR I AM GETTING IS
"SET UP HAS DETERMINED THAT YOUR CONFIGURATION DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY OF THE INCLUDED PRODUCTS"

SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE, HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM TECH SUPPORT.

I HAVE TRIED UN-INSTALLED ALL ROXIO/SONIC PRODUCTS WHICH IS ONLY CREATOR DE which came with PC BUT NO SUCCESS>

NOTE: THE PC DID HAVE VISTA BUT GOT THE REBATE TO SWITCH TO WINDOWS 7, BUT I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ISSUES WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE.

19 answers to this question

"SET UP HAS DETERMINED THAT YOUR CONFIGURATION DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY OF THE INCLUDED PRODUCTS"

I HAVE TRIED UN-INSTALLED ALL ROXIO/SONIC PRODUCTS WHICH IS ONLY CREATOR DE which came with PC BUT NO SUCCESS>

NOTE: THE PC DID HAVE VISTA BUT GOT THE REBATE TO SWITCH TO WINDOWS 7, BUT I HAVE NOT HAD ANY ISSUES WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE.

First off, you don't have to use "caps" on all your words. That's like shouting to someone, so that's not necessary.

How did you uninstall all the Roxio programs ?? By that I mean what particular programs and editing functions did you use ?? The only way it has been recommended, at least on the Roxio forum, is to do what is referenced as a "Clean Install" (which is really a wrong term). And when used you must be very careful and follow each and every step precisely or it probably won't work the way it's intended.

Can you also post some of the spec's for your computer (i.e processor, memory, video card, etc) my thinking is, and I'm only guessing at this point, that the probelm has something to do with you updating your OS from Vista to Win 7.

Frank...

Could you cool it with the caps please..

I would do this, from add remove programs uninstall all Roxio including the OEM that came with the computer.

Reboot the PC..

Download and run this for all Roxio Products, it is a x32 bit version. Below in my signature.. 10.Click here Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 32-bit version.

Reboot the PC

You could look through this procedure and check for remnants.. Below in my signature.. 12.Click here.Clean install instructions for Creator 2009 & 2010 on Windows 7 and Vista

Reboot the PC

Important, before you reinstall your W-7 version of Easy VHS to DVD, read and follow the link below...

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=60347

Reboot the PC

Install the software.

Reboot the PC

Now you should hopefully have a working Easy VHS to DVD software...

cd

First off, you don't have to use "caps" on all your words. That's like shouting to someone, so that's not necessary.

How did you uninstall all the Roxio programs ?? By that I mean what particular programs and editing functions did you use ?? The only way it has been recommended, at least on the Roxio forum, is to do what is referenced as a "Clean Install" (which is really a wrong term). And when used you must be very careful and follow each and every step precisely or it probably won't work the way it's intended.

Can you also post some of the spec's for your computer (i.e processor, memory, video card, etc) my thinking is, and I'm only guessing at this point, that the probelm has something to do with you updating your OS from Vista to Win 7.

Frank...

sorry frank, didn't know that typing in caps (accidently) would be a touchy issue :)

i though really appreciate your reply and your help. still new to the roxio community.

here is the specs..hopefully i am not missing anything

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz

4.00 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series - grapics

DirectX 10

Could you cool it with the caps please..

I would do this, from add remove programs uninstall all Roxio including the OEM that came with the computer.

Reboot the PC..

Download and run this for all Roxio Products, it is a x32 bit version. Below in my signature.. 10.Click here Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 32-bit version.

Reboot the PC

You could look through this procedure and check for remnants.. Below in my signature.. 12.Click here.Clean install instructions for Creator 2009 & 2010 on Windows 7 and Vista

Reboot the PC

Important, before you reinstall your W-7 version of Easy VHS to DVD, read and follow the link below...

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=60347

Reboot the PC

Install the software.

Reboot the PC

Now you should hopefully have a working Easy VHS to DVD software...

cd

i am sorry for the capps everyone, really.

sorry frank, didn't know that typing in caps (accidently) would be a touchy issue :)

i though really appreciate your reply and your help. still new to the roxio community.

here is the specs..hopefully i am not missing anything

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz

4.00 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series - grapics

DirectX 10

i am sorry for the capps everyone, really.

cd - i followed the steps and unfortunatley it didnt work - any other sugguestions?

cd - i followed the steps and unfortunatley it didnt work - any other sugguestions?

Dantley,

Your telling me from this post time ( Today, 06:51 PM ) to this post time ( Today, 07:36 PM )

You followed all the procedures to a ' T ', didn't add anything or skip anything?

I can't fix it for you from here. Your going to have to do the work, only way it will get fixed...

cd

I suggest follow cd's suggestion religiously without missing any steps. Should help..

Dantley,

Your telling me from this post time ( Today, 06:51 PM ) to this post time ( Today, 07:36 PM )

You followed all the procedures to a ' T ', didn't add anything or skip anything?

I can't fix it for you from here. Your going to have to do the work, only way it will get fixed...

cd

I did not skip anything. Only step I didnt have to do is the windows install utility which i already had downloaded.

I did not skip anything. Only step I didnt have to do is the windows install utility which i already had downloaded.

And what happens if you follow this

CleanUp Utility 32-bit version..

Your operating system Windows 7 (what?) x32 bit x64 bit?

I would print things out, reboot the PC and follow them once more..

All ready posted that for him to follow, firenhancer...

cd

When I right click on the set up package - there is no "compatibility" option

Installing on a Windows 7 computer

The issue might be caused by the Creator 2010 setup package running in Windows Vista compatibility mode on Windows 7. Please use the following steps to turn off Vista compatibility mode for the Creator 2010 setup package:

1.Right-click on the setup package and choose Properties.

2.Click on the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.

3.In the Compatibility mode section, uncheck the box that is labeled Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista.

4.Click OK to save the changes.

5.Re-run Creator 2010 the setup package.

When I right click on the set up package - there is no "compatibility" option

Installing on a Windows 7 computer

The issue might be caused by the Creator 2010 setup package running in Windows Vista compatibility mode on Windows 7. Please use the following steps to turn off Vista compatibility mode for the Creator 2010 setup package:

1.Right-click on the setup package and choose Properties.

2.Click on the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.

3.In the Compatibility mode section, uncheck the box that is labeled Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista.

4.Click OK to save the changes.

5.Re-run Creator 2010 the setup package.

This is for Creator 2010 but the same principal...

post-97-1268707156.jpg

post-97-1268707168.jpg

cd

This is for Creator 2010 but the same principal...

post-97-1268707156.jpg

post-97-1268707168.jpg

cd

cd

First thank you very much for your help and patience.

Right now I took off all Sonic/Roxio from pc..

Just to test I took the install cd and try to install on a windows xp pc and it goes through the process with no issue.

Its been months when I went to W7 on the pc i am trying to attempt to install the software.

So with no Roxio products right now on the W7 pc, how do I still do the setup comp.?

cd

First thank you very much for your help and patience.

Right now I took off all Sonic/Roxio from pc..

Just to test I took the install cd and try to install on a windows xp pc and it goes through the process with no issue.

Its been months when I went to W7 on the pc i am trying to attempt to install the software.

So with no Roxio products right now on the W7 pc, how do I still do the setup comp.?

If you don't understand what it is or what it means?

See if you could get a friend with more PC experience to help..

Where it says C2010 it should say Easy VHS to DVD.. :)

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...S=set-locale=en

cd

Edited by cdanteek

If you don't understand what it is or what it means?

See if you could get a friend with more PC experience to help..

Where it says C2010 it should say Easy VHS to DVD.. :)

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...S=set-locale=en

cd

Let me tell you where I am now.

The first set of instructions you sent me I did - so I have no roxio/sonic programs. I stripped it all of the pc, really all I had was Creator DE that came with my pc.

I re-booted and i place the cd and it ask what language and there after i get the error message and that is as far as I get.

Do you know of any other issues with W7 that might be conflicting with Roxio, example...Microsoft visual C, Framwork..ect..

Thank you again

The first set of instructions you sent me I did - so I have no roxio/sonic programs. I stripped it all of the pc, really all I had was Creator DE that came with my pc.

I re-booted and i place the cd and it ask what language and there after i get the error message and that is as far as I get.

Do you know of any other issues with W7 that might be conflicting with Roxio, example...Microsoft visual C, Framwork..ect..

Thank you again

Cd

I think I got it - I got past the error message - I see what MY issue was..lol The trick was getting to that compatibility mode section with setup - I was not "opening" the drive the cd was in, I was going directly to properties which wasnt showing the set up - I opened the drive - went down to the set up (just as you showed with the screen shot you sent)

Ill update you shortly

Thank you again

Cd

I think I got it - I got past the error message - I see what MY issue was..lol The trick was getting to that compatibility mode section with setup - I was not "opening" the drive the cd was in, I was going directly to properties which wasnt showing the set up - I opened the drive - went down to the set up (just as you showed with the screen shot you sent)

Ill update you shortly

post-97-1268712091.gif

cd

Cd

I got it - thank you for you help

you the man!

mavelous just mavelous...

post-97-1268712921.gif

cd

mavelous just mavelous...

post-97-1268712921.gif

cd

cd - since your on a roll - I did quick test with Plug and Burn with Menu options. It shows the the themes both the menu and chapters - it also gives you option what time you break the chapters - So I chose a style but when I capture my video and burns on dvd - it does not put the chapters though I chose to break chapters every 3 minutes -

your thoughts

cd - since your on a roll - I did quick test with Plug and Burn with Menu options. It shows the the themes both the menu and chapters - it also gives you option what time you break the chapters - So I chose a style but when I capture my video and burns on dvd - it does not put the chapters though I chose to break chapters every 3 minutes -

your thoughts

Don't use 'Plug and Burn' use Capture Video, Edit Video, and Create DVD's...

cd