• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jlbvt

jlbvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

I would like to recover a photoshow that is on the web and download it back into Photoshow on my desktop.  Can anyone help?  A while back support told me to the following but I cannot find "received shows"anywhere.
1.  Visit the photoshow you would like to download back into Photoshow 5
2. Click on the "Share"tab below your show
3. Click on the Ėmail"option in the "share by"menu
4. Email the Photoshow to your own email address
5. Open Photoshow 5
6. Click on the "Manage"tab
7. Click on the "Received Shows"Option

I don't see a "Received shows"option.
Thank you

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,529 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (jlbvt @ Mar 17 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to recover a photoshow that is on the web and download it back into Photoshow on my desktop.  Can anyone help?  A while back support told me to the following but I cannot find "received shows"anywhere.
1.  Visit the photoshow you would like to download back into Photoshow 5
2. Click on the "Share"tab below your show
3. Click on the Ėmail"option in the "share by"menu
4. Email the Photoshow to your own email address
5. Open Photoshow 5
6. Click on the "Manage"tab
7. Click on the "Received Shows"Option

I don't see a "Received shows"option.
Thank you

Was that Roxio's PhotoShow 5 or someone else's like Comcast or Nero?

The instruction you have don't seem correct; that will only send you a link to the Photo Show. so you can watch it.  I just did that to confirm.  

Try this.  Go to your page on Roxio Photo Show and to the Photo Show you want to get onto your computer.  Under the image for the PhotoShow, click on edit. The PhotoShow will open so you can edit it if you want.  Click on save.  It should be on your computer in My PhotoShow folder.  Search for it.

You can also select to get an mp4 file sent to you.  Click on the options and you'll get several messages.  When the conversion completes, you will get an e-mail.  You can then download the Photo Show.  This is not good for editing unless you have a video editing software.  You could upload that Photo Show to a different file sharing site if you wish.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 jlbvt

jlbvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:57 AM

I upgraded last year from Comcast version to Roxio's premium.  When I open Photoshow 5, it says Roxio. I have both versions on my PC - Roxio Photoshow 6 (which has less function than 5) and Photoshow 5.  When I try your directions, if the show was created with 5, when I edit I get the message warning that it was created with an earlier version of Photoshow and I may lose information.  "Save"puts in on my hard drive but that My Photoshow folder is used by Photoshow 6.  It doesn't show up in 5.

When I edit in Photoshow 6 anything created in 5 I lose the music and transitions .  That's why I need to download them back into 5.  You're right, the mp4 isn't what I need it's not editable.
Thank you for responding.

QUOTE (sknis @ Mar 17 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was that Roxio's PhotoShow 5 or someone else's like Comcast or Nero?

The instruction you have don't seem correct; that will only send you a link to the Photo Show. so you can watch it.  I just did that to confirm.  

Try this.  Go to your page on Roxio Photo Show and to the Photo Show you want to get onto your computer.  Under the image for the PhotoShow, click on edit. The PhotoShow will open so you can edit it if you want.  Click on save.  It should be on your computer in My PhotoShow folder.  Search for it.

You can also select to get an mp4 file sent to you.  Click on the options and you'll get several messages.  When the conversion completes, you will get an e-mail.  You can then download the Photo Show.  This is not good for editing unless you have a video editing software.  You could upload that Photo Show to a different file sharing site if you wish.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,529 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

Have you updated PhotoShow 6 in the last week or so?  It has excellent features.  What do you feel is missing?

Since you are going to be editing anyway, why don't you want to do it in PS 6?  How long are the PhotoShows?  What type of edits do you want to do?

The instructions I gave were for PS 5.  I don't have any PhotoShows doen in PS 5 since PS 6 has everything I wanted or needed.    

Contact PhotoShow Tech Support here.  If they can't help you, you may be out of luck.
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 jlbvt

jlbvt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ Mar 18 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you updated PhotoShow 6 in the last week or so?  It has excellent features.  What do you feel is missing?

Since you are going to be editing anyway, why don't you want to do it in PS 6?  How long are the PhotoShows?  What type of edits do you want to do?

The instructions I gave were for PS 5.  I don't have any PhotoShows doen in PS 5 since PS 6 has everything I wanted or needed.    

Contact PhotoShow Tech Support here.  If they can't help you, you may be out of luck.

I agree that PS 6 has improved greatly.  But in PS5 I can:
1- choose random transitions. (This is what I miss most.) This is independent of any particular style or frame choice.  I don't want to watch a show that has the same transition throughout  and I don't want to see the fancy backgrounds. I like a simple photo with random transitions.  If I want a particular transition on a particular photo I can do that as well.
2.  When making a choice for sound, I can specify whether or not it is for this photo only, this photo onward, or for the entire show
3. Change the speed for an individual photo or from that photo onward
4. When previewing you can choose to start at the beginning or from a particular photo
5. When inserting a caption you can choose the animation for that text.

I don't want to edit my shows but they only exist on the web now.  I had to erase them in order to make room to make more.  If I download them into PS6 they lose some of the function that I spent hours accomplishing. I want to download them back into PS5 so I can make av files, html files, etc.
Tech support hasn't been able to help. Maybe support for PS6 will be better.
Thank you for your help.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,529 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (jlbvt @ Mar 21 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that PS 6 has improved greatly.  But in PS5 I can:
1- choose random transitions. (This is what I miss most.) This is independent of any particular style or frame choice.  I don't want to watch a show that has the same transition throughout  and I don't want to see the fancy backgrounds. I like a simple photo with random transitions.  If I want a particular transition on a particular photo I can do that as well.
2.  When making a choice for sound, I can specify whether or not it is for this photo only, this photo onward, or for the entire show
3. Change the speed for an individual photo or from that photo onward
4. When previewing you can choose to start at the beginning or from a particular photo
5. When inserting a caption you can choose the animation for that text.

I don't want to edit my shows but they only exist on the web now.  I had to erase them in order to make room to make more.  If I download them into PS6 they lose some of the function that I spent hours accomplishing. I want to download them back into PS5 so I can make av files, html files, etc.
Tech support hasn't been able to help. Maybe support for PS6 will be better.
Thank you for your help.

Thanks for educating me on the difference.

For 1 and 5  I didn't know that.  Thanks for pointing that out.   For 2,  3 and 4 that is possible with PS6

Bottom line is that you need to get your hard work PhotoShows back from the web regardless of what version.  Can you get them back to your computer using the mp4 file option?  You can then use something like the free "Any Video Converter" to get them into the various formats.  

Consider getting an external hard drive to store your projects and other stuff or simply burn them to a disc.

Apple =OSX 10.5

#7 Patty

Patty

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,625 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Mar 21 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for educating me on the difference.

For 1 and 5  I didn't know that.  Thanks for pointing that out.   For 2,  3 and 4 that is possible with PS6

Bottom line is that you need to get your hard work PhotoShows back from the web regardless of what version.  Can you get them back to your computer using the mp4 file option?  You can then use something like the free "Any Video Converter" to get them into the various formats.  

Consider getting an external hard drive to store your projects and other stuff or simply burn them to a disc.

Thanks, Steve, for suggesting this. I was going to make that suggestion,

but decided not to jump into the middle. I think that would be the simplest solution. biggrin.gif

Patty

V6, V7v7.5, V8 , v9 ,
Dell Dimension XPS4, Windows XP Prof
PROCESSOR,80547,Pentium 4 Prescott DT,Pentium4 Prescott DT.3.4GHZ.1 MEGB, 800FSB
DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 1G, 533M, 128X64, 8, 240, 2RX8 (4G total Memory)

DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, 17G, 16X, I, 5.25" FORM FACTOR, LITEON, CHASSIS 2001, V5
ASSEMBLY, DVD+/-RW, 16X, HALF HEIGHT, NEC 3450 CARD (CIRCUIT), MULTI-MEDIA, AUDIO, 1394,
CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 256, GEFORCE, 6800, HMGA11
FLOPPY DRIVE, 1.44M, 3.5" FORM FACTOR, 3MD, NO BEZEL, SAMSUNG, CHASSIS 2001
HARD DRIVE, 250GB, Serial ATA, 8MB, WD-XL80-2
HARD DRIVE, 74GB, 8MEGB, 10K, Serial ATA, WD-EXPN
HARD DRIVE, 74GB, 8MEGB, 10K, Serial ATA, WD-EXPN
NORTON INTERNET SECURITY, WXPPSP3

Dell Vostro 2510 Laptop
Vista Ultimate- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5670 (1.8GHz, 2MB  L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)    Vostro  25108X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+/-R write capability, 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at  667MHz, 2 DIMM    Memory 250GB2 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with Free  Fall Sensor,    Hard  Drives 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M  GS,
    Video  Board High Definition Audio 2.0    Sound  CardIntegrated 1.3 mega pixel Web Camera and Digital Microphone
Roxio V9.1, 2009, 2010 Pro

XPS 9100..........Windows 7 Ultimate 64..525W, EXTREME PERFORMANCE SYSTEM..., 9100, Assembly, Heatsink, Fan, Mini Tower, KIT...,Processor, I7-920, 2.66, 8MB, Bloomfield, D0, Speaker, 120V, BOSE2, Dell AMERICASORGANIZATION, Card, Wireless, Network, DW1525, Full Height, TUNER..., Television..., TVT9, PLACEMAT..., CARD(CIRCUIT)..., TVT9, NATIONAL TELEVISION SYSTEMS COMMUNICATIONS..., ATSC, Hard Drive, 1.5TB, S2, 7.2K BRINKS-XLOB, HARD DRIVE..., 1TB, S2, 7.2K, WESTERN DIGITAL..., XL500, Kit, Card, Network, Documentation, Antenna, Screw, Assembly, 6-Dual In-line Memory Module, 2G 1333, 128X64, 8, 240, 2RX8, Assembly, Blu-Ray Rewritable, 8X, Half Height, Plds, Card, Graphics, Advanced Micro Devices, 1G, 5670, M206, Assembly, Dvd+/-Rw, 16X, Half Height, BARE, HitachiLg Data Storage, Kit, Software, Roxio, 10.3, Premium, Blu-Ray Disk Playback, Kit, Mouse/keyboard Combo Wireless, AMF, Abnt2
Roxio 2011 Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users