• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sergioleongto

Sergioleongto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

I have tried to create a music disc using the Music Disc Creator, when I click on "Burn" the display Current Task shows "writing table of contents"  2%  BUT it never goes ahead, the driver never stops and the cd is damaged!!!   what can I do!??  I have tried to burn 5 cds  but all of them have been damaged, I have to turn off the PC so I can extract the cd from the "crazy turned drive" that never stops!!!

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,207 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Sergioleongto @ Mar 17 2010, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have tried to create a music disc using the Music Disc Creator, when I click on "Burn" the display Current Task shows "writing table of contents"  2%  BUT it never goes ahead, the driver never stops and the cd is damaged!!!   what can I do!??  I have tried to burn 5 cds  but all of them have been damaged, I have to turn off the PC so I can extract the cd from the "crazy turned drive" that never stops!!!

Have you tried burning a test cd using the built in burning capabilities of whatever O/S you have. This would verify that your burner is ok.Use a CD-RW for testing.

If that works ok try making a data cd using the Roxio  program.

#3 Sergioleongto

Sergioleongto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hi, again, I also tried to make a test cd, and the driver starts to spin and never stops!! the same way as if I want to burn a cd music, I've burned data cds and there is  no problem, the problem is Music Disc Creator only,

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,207 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Sergioleongto @ Mar 17 2010, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, again, I also tried to make a test cd, and the driver starts to spin and never stops!! the same way as if I want to burn a cd music, I've burned data cds and there is  no problem, the problem is Music Disc Creator only,

What program did you use to make  the test music cd (I should have said in my 1st post try using Windows Media Player...no Roxio program) sorry.

Edited by ogdens, 17 March 2010 - 03:39 PM.

#5 musicmonkey1

musicmonkey1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

I have exactly the same problem and it's driving me crazy. However I have two burners in my system both SATA one works flawlessly and the other has the 2% TOC lock up problem. What burner are you using? Mine is a TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA device and I'm betting yours is the same! I am running the latest firmware SB02 as well.

#6 COMMSCAN

COMMSCAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have this same, exact problem with Roxio Creator 2010 Pro.  I can burn CDs with other software on my PC.  This is without doubt a software (possibly a conflict) issue.  I am running Windows 7 on a one year old HP PC that has 8 GB of RAM and is fully capable of performing the tasks in Music Disc Creator.  

I have had Creator 10 Pro for over a year and have just quit using it due to numerous issues with it not working correctly on primarily DVD creating issues.  But as far as I remember, I've never had a CD burning problem until yesterday.  And like the original poster, Music Disc Creator gets to 2% and just stops doing anything.  It appears to be working but it never creates the TOC.  Yesterday, as I was creating a CD project, the program started with the "program not responding" issue.  I went through checking for updates, restarting the PC, and eventually I was going to remove the program and reinstall it.  As I was in the Add/Remove Programs area of Windows 7 I opted to use the "Repair" feature rather than "Uninstall".  This took a little while, but afterwards, I was then able to get Music Disc Creator to open and I could then choose the files I'd edited the tags on (I couldn't even see any folders prior to this...program would lock up and stop responding).  I thought things were fixed.  Much to my disappointment, they weren't.

I finally uninstalled and then reinstalled the whole program only to have the same exact issues occurring  It is NOT my CD/DVD player/burner on the PC that is the problem.  I have confirmed this without doubt.

Here is something to note too.  When looking at any of the 5 CDs I wasted trying to burn my music project, Windows Media Player shows all 12 tracks when I put those CDs in.  However, there is no music or anything other than the "Track 1, Track 2, etc" written on the CD being inserted.  The table of contents are not completing being written.

I finally took the 12 tracks to an older, Windows XP machine where I have Roxio Creator 9 Suite installed on it (and it's also been plagued with issues...mostly video) since I decided to try Roxio products again a few years ago.  Music Disc Creator burned the 12 songs with no problems at all on the XP machine running Creator 9 Suite.

I am only touching the tip of the iceberg here on problems I've had with Creator 2010 Pro since I installed it.  But this is the current problem I need to address and find a fix for.  Otherwise, I have no use for the 2010 software that I bought primarily to build DVDs with (and cannot use to do so...a whole other topic to come later).

Please, there has to be some help or fix for the issues at hand!

BTW, my DVD writer on the Windows 7 PC is an "hp DVD RW AD-7251H5 SCSI CdROM Device" (exactly as it is written under All Disk Drives.

Brian

#7 COMMSCAN

COMMSCAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Anybody know of a fix???

#8 GeaGea

GeaGea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Similar problem. My Creator 2010 stops working and closes the prog. when asked to burn an audio or MP3 disc. I eventually got an error message:  Roxio Control Fx.exe - Application Error.    The unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x 7610b9bc.
I found the error reported in Windows log, but it becomes double dutch to me from then on.
I think the problem is with Windows 7 - after four years it might be time to clean the slate and re install Win.
Nearly forgot - no problem burning from other progs, so cd/dvd drive is OK.
But will anyone read this?
Zeferina

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,619 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

yes, some one will read this; in fact more than one person.  Shut off your antivirus and put the program disc into your optical drive.  Use repair if it is available or reinstall if it is not.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users