• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 kristencs

kristencs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

I just installed Roxio and I keep getting a no permissions error or a missing certificate error.

I have tried many of the suggestions that I have read in the forums, but none have worked
I tried:
uninstall/reinstall
clean uninstall
checked to make sure I am administrator
I am running XP if that helps
THanks

#2 bluz10

bluz10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

I also just installed creater 2010 for the first time and am getting the same "no permissions error" when I try to create a DVD. This is my first time installing and using a roxio product. I am also running Windows XP. Does anyone know a way to get around this? The software is pretty much useless to me right now.

Thanks

#3 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

Did you try setting up a new account as admin and installing from there?

Sometimes Windows gets itself in a twist and if it installs on a fresh account, that's what's happened

If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#4 termomango

termomango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

I have the same problem with this Roxio software which I bought and downloaded 3 days ago. After doing everything imaginable to make it work, guided by Customer support ( Uninstall, re- install, clean registry, delete, etc etc etc,..) I just wonder if it really worth the time we spend trying to fix something that in first place is suppose to Work for itself. In my opinion,  I just want to do what the company promises to the customers, I just want to install it, and start enjoying the features as Promised. There's no Delivering.  I bought a brand new computer running Windows 7 (64 bit), 2 cores 2.2ghz,dedicated graphics memory 512mb, and  I am very disappointed. I get No Permission Errors, Missing Certificates,...the dvd burner wont work, the capture audio from sound card doesn't work, Create DVD doesn't work,
...any new ideas? Thanks

#5 Orlandosky

Orlandosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (termomango @ Mar 24 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the same problem with this Roxio software which I bought and downloaded 3 days ago. After doing everything imaginable to make it work, guided by Customer support ( Uninstall, re- install, clean registry, delete, etc etc etc,..) I just wonder if it really worth the time we spend trying to fix something that in first place is suppose to Work for itself. In my opinion,  I just want to do what the company promises to the customers, I just want to install it, and start enjoying the features as Promised. There's no Delivering.  I bought a brand new computer running Windows 7 (64 bit), 2 cores 2.2ghz,dedicated graphics memory 512mb, and  I am very disappointed. I get No Permission Errors, Missing Certificates,...the dvd burner wont work, the capture audio from sound card doesn't work, Create DVD doesn't work,
...any new ideas? Thanks

Hello, I have exactly the same problem that my friend here, and my computer is also Running Windows 7 64bit. Please help us!

Edited by Orlandosky, 26 March 2010 - 05:56 PM.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,199 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:46 AM

Did you guys try this?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#7 Orlandosky

Orlandosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Mar 27 2010, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I already tried, and the problem continues

#8 pmb

pmb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Orlandosky @ Mar 27 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I already tried, and the problem continues

I did not use the batch file - I just went straight to the source (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sonic), backed up the contents and deleted three files: rxc.db, sarlicense9.dat, and sarlicense11.dat.

The "no permissions error" is gone and I am into MyDVD.  I'll suspend judgement until I successfull cut a disc.

#9 bluz10

bluz10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Mar 27 2010, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did try the link you suggested and still the problem persists. In fact I have tried everything such as, uninstall/reinstall, clean uninstall, checked to make sure I am administrator, etc.

It shouldn't be this hard to get new software up and running so it's functional. I am frustrated, but still hopeful that I can actually use what I paid for.

Any further ideas?

#10 jeremyNLSO

jeremyNLSO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:31 AM

I'm having the same problems. I too believe that the software should actually FUNCTION when you pay for it--it just shouldn't be this hard to make it work. I too have done everything, from running install with Admin rights, completely clean uninstall/reinstall, and the cute little batch file to delete the certificate and database files. I'm leaning toward wanting my money back, but I NEED this program. Is it time to move to NERO?

Frustrated beyond belief,

jeremyNLSO

#11 Orlandosky

Orlandosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Is there somebody that could help us?? Come on, we paid for something that we can't use. I have already tried everything and nothing happens

#12 Maddog0266

Maddog0266

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (termomango @ Mar 24 2010, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...any new ideas? Thanks

There is a fix in the help desk at Roxio site but not sure were it is now. I had to reinstall my copy and the problem is back. I wish I could remember were it is. I sent off an email to roxio to get that info. I will post it as soon as they send it to me.

#13 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,199 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

Did you try the fix linked to above?

Did you guys read post #8?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#14 Maddog0266

Maddog0266

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ Apr 3 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you try the fix linked to above?

Did you guys read post #8?

I tried that and it did not work. I reinstall everything and did what I did last time to get the home page to come up. I did not restart my computer after the install. I started the program first and did the update then before the restart I started the home page app again then did the restart. The hoe page comes up but still the only part that is not working is MY DVD app. still saying "no permission". This is why I got this app. I love Roxio and have always used it and I have a Blue-ray and high dens DVD drive and want to be able to burn.

#15 npaco

npaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

Finally I managed to fix it. What has changed with respect to other facilities has been the following:
1) Do not enabled in msconfig startup until the end of the installation.
2) After removal, clean folders and registry following the instructions of the post. Disable antivirus and firewall.
3) Install RoxioCreator2010_ NOT RESTARTt and then install RoxioCreator2010Content.
4) Open the program
5) Restart and enable everything in msconfig.
6) Install SP2.
Good luck at all and sorry for my bad English.

#16 Orlandosky

Orlandosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

I guess i'm goibg to have to move to Nero, i can't fix the problem with Roxio. When i go to "CREATE DVDs" it says "The Certificate File is Missing or has been Corrupted". Please re-install it. And also when i go to anything else i get "No permissions to launch application".

I have already done everything you guys said, clean uninstall, the batch, the disable msconfig, everything..

Somebody please help us

#17 Orlandosky

Orlandosky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Maddog0266 @ Apr 3 2010, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a fix in the help desk at Roxio site but not sure were it is now. I had to reinstall my copy and the problem is back. I wish I could remember were it is. I sent off an email to roxio to get that info. I will post it as soon as they send it to me.

Oh Man, i hope you can find it. we will appreciate it

#18 bluz10

bluz10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Orlandosky @ Apr 8 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess i'm goibg to have to move to Nero, i can't fix the problem with Roxio. When i go to "CREATE DVDs" it says "The Certificate File is Missing or has been Corrupted". Please re-install it. And also when i go to anything else i get "No permissions to launch application".

I have already done everything you guys said, clean uninstall, the batch, the disable msconfig, everything..

Somebody please help us

I'm ready to throw in the towel. I have tried all of the suggestions numerous times with negative results. This has turned out to be a waste of money. The software is useless to me if I can't get it running properly. It certainly leaves a poor impression of Roxio and their products. This is the first software from Roxio that I have purchased.

If anyone has any other ideas I would be glad to try them out.

Thank you to those who have come forward and made some suggestions, I do appreciate your efforts. I can only speak for myself, but this is incredibly frustrating.

I guess I will check back periodically to see if any other ideas or fixes come up. For now, I'm done.

#19 jilly55

jilly55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (jeremyNLSO @ Apr 3 2010, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm having the same problems. I too believe that the software should actually FUNCTION when you pay for it--it just shouldn't be this hard to make it work. I too have done everything, from running install with Admin rights, completely clean uninstall/reinstall, and the cute little batch file to delete the certificate and database files. I'm leaning toward wanting my money back, but I NEED this program. Is it time to move to NERO?

Frustrated beyond belief,

jeremyNLSO

jilly55 april 15/2010
i too have had this problem. i deleted a nero burning program to change to this one. i can't get my money back as i paid by credit card. as a pensioner i can't afford to buy another program at the moment. i am so dissapointed and frustrated. i find instuctions and help pages very confusing.and there is no telephone help number for uk users. premium telephone would cost half the price of the download. i think roxio need to improve their service or they will find people will go elswhere for their shopping.!!!!!

#20 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:33 AM

Jilly - please start a new thread so we can work through this without confusion. Tell us what your computer specs are (similar to my signature), what OS you atre usimng and when you get the problem

Also regarding Tech Support

From the website (Roxio UK)

Email Technical Support

Technical Support is available online or by contacting Technical Support directly. If your software came bundled with your CD writer or PC, you will need to contact the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of that equipment and they will provide complimentary support for your basic version of Roxio software. Click here to submit an email request for Technical Support.

Phone Technical Support

+44 (0) 905 1211 189 (1,00 GBP/Minute)
Monday to Thursday - 8:30 to 17:30 GMT
Friday - 8:30 to 16:30 GMT (excluding holidays)

Installation problems do not generally incur a charge
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users