#1 Cameraflyer

Cameraflyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hello All,
I am trying to uninstall RoxioBack On Track 3 Deluxe from windows7 ultimate
on a HP tm2t-1000 I have tried to open tickets and online support and they get confused and send me to: http://kb.roxio.com/...S=set-locale=en
And it states for xp only and it is for Simple backup.
once they sent me instructions to uninstall roxio creator 2010.
I dont even have that. I have four tickets and none of them come close to helping me with a detailed way to : uninstall RoxioBack On Track 3 Deluxe from windows7 ultimate
on a HP tm2t-1000

I get the idea they dont read the tickets or get me confused with someone else. I guess i could try their pay support is it worth it? Do any of you fine people have a solution for me again all i want to do is : uninstall RoxioBack On Track 3 Deluxe from windows7 ultimate
on a HP tm2t-1000

it created a Hidden partition on my hard drive called system and changed the MBR so it will boot to windows or roxio recovery so I know it wont be simple

I would be greatfull for any ideas
Best Regards Bob

#2 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,306 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:46 AM

Have you tried a traditional uninstall from Control Panel?

Since I don't run this software I can't give a definitive answer.

My guess would be that the partition is a place for an image of your drive to be stored.Then when you boot if you choose Roxio Recovery it uses that partition to restore the image it's saved.

I would hope that if you uninstall the software then it would reallocate that partition but I can't say for sure.
As far as the multiple choices for boot,that's the boot loader and I think if you uninstall BOT then the Boot Loader will be modified to not give it as a choice for booting.

Edited by tbrewst, 25 March 2010 - 05:48 AM.

"Stop, wait a minute
Fill my cup, put some liquor in it
Take a sip, sign a check
Julio, get the stretch
Ride to Harlem, Hollywood
Jackson, Mississippi
If we show up, we gon' show out
Smoother than a fresh dry skippy"

Terry

64 bitWindows 10 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Brother HL-L2380DW Laser Printer

#3 Carolan

Carolan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

I had a problem with Roxio Back On Track with my HP mini. It was slowly filling up the entire hard drive, and when I went to change the settings in order to free up space, the application wouldn't load. My only choice was to uninstall - except when I went through the Windows Control Panel and tried to uninstall it, it threw an error code and wouldn't uninstall.

On a tip from someone else, I went into Roxio's folders under Program Files, found a file called "uninstallapp" and double clicked it. Nothing popped up on the screen by my machine started humming and the 'busy' light came on. I let it run for a while, and noticed more space was now available on my hard drive. Just for grins I went back to Windows Control Panel and once again tried uninstall - and it worked. Roxio BOT is now uninstalled and my hard drive can breathe again.

Pity - I'm sure it would have worked fine if I could only have gotten into it to change the settings. :/

Edited by Carolan, 12 August 2010 - 07:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users