Pincus

Embarassing question

Question

I have Sonic Record Now 7.3 bundled with a Dell purchased in 2005.The Disk is definitely a CD/DVD-RW combo but I cant burn DVD,s.I a,m trying to copy a 2.5 GB Photo file but the same error message insert an appendable disk keeps recurring.I notice that in the Home page Roxio heading it states that the Disk is a CD ( Not DVD) so have I got the wrong version of Sonic Record for my PC.The drive is definitely a DVD as I can play DVD,s on it.Any thoughts please apart from buy a new PC !!!Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

I have Sonic Record Now 7.3 bundled with a Dell purchased in 2005.The Disk is definitely a CD/DVD-RW combo but I cant burn DVD,s.I a,m trying to copy a 2.5 GB Photo file but the same error message insert an appendable disk keeps recurring.I notice that in the Home page Roxio heading it states that the Disk is a CD ( Not DVD) so have I got the wrong version of Sonic Record for my PC.The drive is definitely a DVD as I can play DVD,s on it.Any thoughts please apart from buy a new PC !!!Thanks in advance.

I assume (ah, the way I've gotten in SO much trouble) when you say The Disk is definitely a CD/DVD-RW combo, you mean the Optical Drive is a Combo Drive. A Combo Ddrive is one that can read and write CDs, and read DVDs. It does not have the additional hardware needed to write DVDs.

If you thnk I am misinterpreting, please give the drive id of the drive in question (Right-click MyComputer > Hardware tab > Device Manager > CD/DVD Drives > the id strings for the drives. Copy that character for charecter, upper and lower case as shown, and space for space. (Example - in my Win2000 computer, I have a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R1002, which is a Combo drive - will read and write CDs, and read DVDs.)

Lynn