• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zemin

zemin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

I bought Roxio Creator 9.0 DE wiith Dell, windows vista. Recently I can not burn DVD. It says that videowave failed. I reinstall the software, but BDAV Plugin can not be installed due to the vista system.

#2 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (zemin @ Apr 15 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought Roxio Creator 9.0 DE wiith Dell, windows vista. Recently I can not burn DVD. It says that videowave failed. I reinstall the software, but BDAV Plugin can not be installed due to the vista system.

Not only does the DE indicate it is an OEM [Orignal Equipment Mfgr] Version specially modified for Dell, the fact that you recieved Roxio Creator 9.0 DE with Vista says it is not the same as Roxio Media Creator 9, because the earliest Version to work with Vista is EMC 9.1.

More on OEM here.

Your best bet is probably to check with Dell.

Lynn

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,520 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (zemin @ Apr 15 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BDAV is a blu-ray plug in and unless you have the blu-ray equipment, it is not part of what you need to install.  Ignore it. It has nothing to do with your problem.

Does Windows see your DVD burner? Does Roxio-- are you getting any error messages?  Read this thread.  

Creator 9.0 DE does work with Vista; in fact, Easy Media Creator 9.0 does work with Vista; some of the programs were redundant with Vista (Drag to disc) and that is why the update to Easy Media Creator 9.1 was made.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users