• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Runkelbump

Runkelbump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

Just replaced both Series 3's with TiVo Premier XLs (Series 4). TiVo Transfer Beta 4 does not even find the TiVo, even when hard-wired to the same router with ethernet cables.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

It is my understanding the version of TiVo transfer inside the Toast 10.0.6a package supports the the TiVo Premieres. I'm getting my TiVo Premiere XL later in the week and will be able to confirm this after everything is up and running.

So you don't need the beta version any more.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Runkelbump

Runkelbump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

Reinstalled 10.0.6a and erased Toast preferences. All four TiVo's are recognized (2 Series 3s and 2 Series 4s). Appears to be working correctly right now.

Interesting note, Dual G4 running OS X 10.5.8 and Toast Titanium 8.5 with TiVo Transfer 1.1.1 had no problem recognizing all four TiVos, transferring programs, and playing them!

#4 dangsite

dangsite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Runkelbump @ Apr 18 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reinstalled 10.0.6a and erased Toast preferences. All four TiVo's are recognized (2 Series 3s and 2 Series 4s). Appears to be working correctly right now.

Interesting note, Dual G4 running OS X 10.5.8 and Toast Titanium 8.5 with TiVo Transfer 1.1.1 had no problem recognizing all four TiVos, transferring programs, and playing them!

Are you saying that both versions had this working 10.0.6a and 8.5?  10.0.6 does not have any TiVo Transfer updated within it -- so I am trying to follow all the versions.

I have a TiVo 3, TiVo HDXL, and a TiVo Premiere XL.  The Premiere is not in my TiVo DVR list.  All the TiVo's can see the other TiVo's.  I can also bring up each of the TiVo's in Safari as well.  I have the 2.0 version of TiVo Transfer and I downloaded the beta (2.0a7) and neither of them can see the Premiere XL.

QUOTE (dangsite @ Apr 20 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you saying that both versions had this working 10.0.6a and 8.5?  10.0.6 does not have any TiVo Transfer updated within it -- so I am trying to follow all the versions.

I have a TiVo 3, TiVo HDXL, and a TiVo Premiere XL.  The Premiere is not in my TiVo DVR list.  All the TiVo's can see the other TiVo's.  I can also bring up each of the TiVo's in Safari as well.  I have the 2.0 version of TiVo Transfer and I downloaded the beta (2.0a7) and neither of them can see the Premiere XL.

Ok I found the clarification I was looking for.  I did install the 10.0.6a, but I had to start the main Toast Titanium app which asked if I want to use TiVo Transfer.  Then the updated TiVo come into place which found TiVo Premiere XL immediately.  A little weird that you need to go thru the toast titanium even though you did the first time.

Now all is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users