Sign in to follow this  
Spiny Norman

DVDit Pro HD and Windows 7

Question

DVDit Pro v6.0 user with Windows XP and have excellent results over last few years. Burn accuracy good and playback on most DVD machines or computers.

Now have Panasonic HS300 full HD camcorder that generates AVCHD files (*.m2ts) and a Sony Vaio VPC-F11Z1E running Windows 7 (has a full HD LCD: 1920 x 1080 pixels). I cannot get a sensible answer as to whether DVDit Pro HD will read, edit and handle AVCHD (m2ts) files or whether this software is compatible with Windows 7 on a full HD Sony Vaio. The camera is great, the computer is great but I cannot edit my AVCHD footage and generate BlueRay discs with multiple menus and mixed content without a compatible version of DVDit.

I have used Creator 2010 Pro and this does read AVCHD files but gliches occur, the programme crashes, the thumbnails are randomly blank and this more budget software is not as functional as DVDit Pro 6.0

Thus, has anyone out there got DVDit Pro HD running properly in a Windows 7 environment. If so can this handle AVCHD files and can you create complex menu BlueRay discs. I not not want to shell out for this expensive software if it does not do what I need.

Cheers,

Paul

2 answers to this question

I run DVDPro HD on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. It runs more stable than on XP/SP3.

However, I think, it does not support import of AVCHD-files, but I am not sure as I have never done it.

Joachim