ScottScott

Cutting Songs to be shorter

Question

I'm putting together a Slideshow and I've got 3 songs being played in the background throughout the slide show. I need to make the first song shorter to match up with the first set of pics that I am showing. How do I do this? I'd like to fade out of the first song and start the second song earlier.

I'm getting the songs off of itunes from my Itunes library.

2 answers to this question

I'm putting together a Slideshow and I've got 3 songs being played in the background throughout the slide show. I need to make the first song shorter to match up with the first set of pics that I am showing. How do I do this? I'd like to fade out of the first song and start the second song earlier.

I'm getting the songs off of itunes from my Itunes library.

When in the timeline mode, drag the right end of the song to the left till you get then length. Double click on the song track and then set the fade out. Add the 2nd song to one of the other audio tracks so that it overlaps the first song. Double click 2nd song and adjust Fade-in

Of course this may not work at all because of DRM on the iTunes songs.

Be aware that you can also place several audio files on the same music track and shorten them and edit them as suggested by myguggi. To make it work you must have the playing cursor (vertical line cusor) to the left of where you are adding the second audio file on the same music track though.

Frank...