• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ScottScott

ScottScott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

I'm putting together a Slideshow and I've got 3 songs being played in the background throughout the slide show.  I need to make the first song shorter to match up with the first set of pics that I am showing.  How do I do this?  I'd like to fade out of the first song and start the second song earlier.  

I'm getting the songs off of itunes from my Itunes library.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,574 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (ScottScott @ Apr 26 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm putting together a Slideshow and I've got 3 songs being played in the background throughout the slide show.  I need to make the first song shorter to match up with the first set of pics that I am showing.  How do I do this?  I'd like to fade out of the first song and start the second song earlier.  

I'm getting the songs off of itunes from my Itunes library.

When in the timeline mode, drag the right end of the song to the left till you get then length. Double click on the song track and then set the fade out. Add the 2nd song to one of the other audio tracks so that it overlaps the first song. Double click 2nd song and adjust Fade-in

Of course this may not work at all because of DRM on the iTunes songs.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,609 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Be aware that you can also place several audio files on the same music track and shorten them and edit them as suggested by myguggi. To make it work you must have the playing cursor (vertical line cusor) to the left of where you are adding the second audio file on the same music track though.

Frank...
REDWAGON

4 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users