• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Catalkoy

Catalkoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

I have a Sony HD hard drive camcorder with AVCHD. I can build wonderful films using videowave (I am using Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition software) and when I output to My DVD, all the material is there. However when I click to burn, the default format uses AVCHD to DVD and I start to burn the project. I see the work on the screen and several hours later when it is nearing its end an error message is received to say the DVD has failed to burn. I get round this by rebuilding the DVD using the straight DVD format. It would be good to have AVCHD as the quality is much better. Why does this not work and will the AVCHD DVD's play on SD DVD machines?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Catalkoy @ Apr 27 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a Sony HD hard drive camcorder with AVCHD. I can build wonderful films using videowave (I am using Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition software) and when I output to My DVD, all the material is there. However when I click to burn, the default format uses AVCHD to DVD and I start to burn the project. I see the work on the screen and several hours later when it is nearing its end an error message is received to say the DVD has failed to burn. I get round this by rebuilding the DVD using the straight DVD format. It would be good to have AVCHD as the quality is much better. Why does this not work and will the AVCHD DVD's play on SD DVD machines?

When you go to burn, select HQ and then burn (encode) to an ISO file.  Uncheck the other options in the burn dialog.  After the ISO is completed, copy it to a good quality disc using the "Burn ISO to disc on the home menu.  Remember that you can get only about 40 minutes of video time on an AVCHD disc.  If you are slightly over 40 minutes, you can use Copy and Convert Video to burn the ISO image to the disc BUT that will cut down on the quality.

Read this.

Edited by sknis, 28 April 2010 - 03:14 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users