• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WendyHutch

WendyHutch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hi I just got this computer 2 weeks ago and was very excited to see what I thought was a program that would allow me to convert some important cassette tape audio files into a digital format. But I can not figure out how to do it. Can any one help? I have the Easy Media Creator 10 LJ. Thanks   unsure.gif

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (WendyHutch @ May 9 2010, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I just got this computer 2 weeks ago and was very excited to see what I thought was a program that would allow me to convert some important cassette tape audio files into a digital format. But I can not figure out how to do it. Can any one help? I have the Easy Media Creator 10 LJ. Thanks   unsure.gif

You have a Roxio OEM version of the software (made to Sony's specifications)). Most OEM versions are cut-back versions of the full retail program (just has basic functions).

Have a look at this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=48492 and see if yours is similar (this is a Dell oem version).

The full retail version has a program in it called LP and Tape Assistant, see if yours has that.

Info on LP's and Tape  http://www.the-predator.com/dell/sec7-9.html

Edited by ogdens, 09 May 2010 - 03:31 AM.

#3 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (WendyHutch @ May 9 2010, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it would be helpful to know just where you're starting from, so, we'll have to start with the basics.

You need to connect your cassette deck to your PC.  If you have a desktop PC, then on the back, you should find a (probably) blue jack labeled, "Line -In" or something that looks like ->))  (indicating sound going in).  A "Y" adapter from your cassette deck to a stereo plug will go there.

Then you can use Sound Editor to capture your tapes, and split it into individual songs.  Then you can open the Music CD portion of Easy Media Creator 10 and record your tracks to CD.

That's a very basic list of the steps.  Let us know how you get along.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users