WendyHutch

cassette Tape Conversion

Question

Hi I just got this computer 2 weeks ago and was very excited to see what I thought was a program that would allow me to convert some important cassette tape audio files into a digital format. But I can not figure out how to do it. Can any one help? I have the Easy Media Creator 10 LJ. Thanks :unsure:

2 answers to this question

Hi I just got this computer 2 weeks ago and was very excited to see what I thought was a program that would allow me to convert some important cassette tape audio files into a digital format. But I can not figure out how to do it. Can any one help? I have the Easy Media Creator 10 LJ. Thanks :unsure:

You have a Roxio OEM version of the software (made to Sony's specifications)). Most OEM versions are cut-back versions of the full retail program (just has basic functions).

Have a look at this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=48492 and see if yours is similar (this is a Dell oem version).

The full retail version has a program in it called LP and Tape Assistant, see if yours has that.

Info on LP's and Tape http://www.the-predator.com/dell/sec7-9.html

Edited by ogdens

Well, it would be helpful to know just where you're starting from, so, we'll have to start with the basics.

You need to connect your cassette deck to your PC. If you have a desktop PC, then on the back, you should find a (probably) blue jack labeled, "Line -In" or something that looks like ->)) (indicating sound going in). A "Y" adapter from your cassette deck to a stereo plug will go there.

Then you can use Sound Editor to capture your tapes, and split it into individual songs. Then you can open the Music CD portion of Easy Media Creator 10 and record your tracks to CD.

That's a very basic list of the steps. Let us know how you get along.