kennethG

Win 7 udf reader

I have tried to view a disk made with Creator 5 and finalized to reaf on all drives. I am trying to read this disk in Windows 7. i says I need to install the UDF reader, howver, the udf reader on the disk will not install. Is there a UDF reader for download that works with Wndows & (64bit version). The 64 bit version may be the problem.. perhaps I should go back to 32bit??

I have tried to view a disk made with Creator 5 and finalized to reaf on all drives. I am trying to read this disk in Windows 7. i says I need to install the UDF reader, howver, the udf reader on the disk will not install. Is there a UDF reader for download that works with Wndows & (64bit version). The 64 bit version may be the problem.. perhaps I should go back to 32bit??

Thanks for the (no unexpected) bad news. Will creator 2010, installed under Win 7, read these old disks??

seriously, thank you.

You shouldn't need the old UDF reader.

I just made some Direct CD 5 discs, and I can read them happily in Windows 7 32bit. They're not writeable in Windows 7 though, of course.

post-208-1273533884.jpg

Please remember the message you get when you eject them from Direct CD, and see if they're readable in your burner drive.

post-208-1273533518.jpg

They are readable in all CDRW drives, but if you are trying to read them in a ROM drive you need to have a multi-read ROM and also need the UDF reader, according to that message.