3 replies to this topic

#1 DanJuan

DanJuan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

hi guys this is my first time post in this forum

i have as the title says, been having problems with the cd text thingy in jam the titles come up ok when playing back but they always display the file extention (ie. track title.aif) in the track title display

seeing as this is for general release I need to fix it! Thanks in advance!

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,652 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

Haven't heard this one before. What are you using that displays the CD Text? You can see how Jam has written the CD Text by inserting the disc and choosing Disc Info from the Recorder menu. I don't think you'll see any extensions in the titles that appear.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 DanJuan

DanJuan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

thanks for the reply

I have just burnt a track in Toast and then in Jam, both Roxio products, and the result is the Toast disc just says the song name and the Jam version says .aif.

Just to clarify, my Jam is 5.0.1 which is very old and I don't think they do Jam any more or at least I can't find it on their website. But when I use Jam and tell it to burn a disc Jam appears to close and Toast opens and imports the running order etc. that I have just assembled in Jam.

I read both discs by opening Recorder/Disc Info in the Toast menu and that says the same, i.e. Toast name is just the name and the Jam disc shows the suffix as part of the title.

The CD player i look at the text on in the studio is a Sony CDP-XE 530 and the burner I used to burn and read the names in the Toast menu is a Tsstcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L. The version of Toast is 10.0.4.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,652 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (DanJuan @ May 17 2010, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for the reply

I have just burnt a track in Toast and then in Jam, both Roxio products, and the result is the Toast disc just says the song name and the Jam version says .aif.

Just to clarify, my Jam is 5.0.1 which is very old and I don't think they do Jam any more or at least I can't find it on their website. But when I use Jam and tell it to burn a disc Jam appears to close and Toast opens and imports the running order etc. that I have just assembled in Jam.

I read both discs by opening Recorder/Disc Info in the Toast menu and that says the same, i.e. Toast name is just the name and the Jam disc shows the suffix as part of the title.

The CD player i look at the text on in the studio is a Sony CDP-XE 530 and the burner I used to burn and read the names in the Toast menu is a Tsstcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L. The version of Toast is 10.0.4.

Baffles me. I understand the extension being added when the track is ripped from the CD to the hard drive but not within the CDText file on the disc. Your experiments show that it's true. Makes no sense to me, though. I don't recall seeing it with discs I created with Jam 6. I'll take a look at my next audio CD.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users