6 replies to this topic

#1 weddingmeister

weddingmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

I searched & found this:

There are a few one-click styles online that are not available in PhotoShow 5. If you have created a show in the program, only edit it in the program. Then upload the changes to your site. If you create a show in the program and edit online, you may loose some content.

To download a show:
-View the Show online
-Email the PhotoShow to your own email address
-Open PhotoShow 5
-Click on the 'Manage' tab
-Click on the 'Received Shows' option

You should then see an option to download the PhotoShow back into the program.

I don't see an option of "Received Shows".

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,869 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (weddingmeister @ May 17 2010, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I searched & found this:

There are a few one-click styles online that are not available in PhotoShow 5. If you have created a show in the program, only edit it in the program. Then upload the changes to your site. If you create a show in the program and edit online, you may loose some content.

To download a show:
-View the Show online
-Email the PhotoShow to your own email address
-Open PhotoShow 5
-Click on the 'Manage' tab
-Click on the 'Received Shows' option

You should then see an option to download the PhotoShow back into the program.

I don't see an option of "Received Shows".

Neither do I.  The help file says:

PhotoShow makes it easy to receive PhotoShows from your friends and family. Once you download a received PhotoShow, you can edit it, print photos and create a screen saver from it, or even add your own photos to it for sharing. To receive PhotoShows, you must have a PhotoShow account. To establish your PhotoShow account, see Creating a PhotoShow Account.

"To receive a PhotoShow:
From the Manage tab, click Received PhotoShows in the Photo Finder.
To download a received PhotoShow, click the PhotoShow. PhotoShows displayed with an arrow icon indicate a received PhotoShow that has not been downloaded to your computer's hard drive.
If you edit the PhotoShow, you must save it with a new name. You can edit the received PhotoShow using all of the features of PhotoShow. The edited version is displayed under My PhotoShows."

Call/chat with PhotoShow Technical support here.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 weddingmeister

weddingmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ May 18 2010, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neither do I.  The help file says:

PhotoShow makes it easy to receive PhotoShows from your friends and family. Once you download a received PhotoShow, you can edit it, print photos and create a screen saver from it, or even add your own photos to it for sharing. To receive PhotoShows, you must have a PhotoShow account. To establish your PhotoShow account, see Creating a PhotoShow Account.

"To receive a PhotoShow:
From the Manage tab, click Received PhotoShows in the Photo Finder.
To download a received PhotoShow, click the PhotoShow. PhotoShows displayed with an arrow icon indicate a received PhotoShow that has not been downloaded to your computer's hard drive.
If you edit the PhotoShow, you must save it with a new name. You can edit the received PhotoShow using all of the features of PhotoShow. The edited version is displayed under My PhotoShows."

Call/chat with PhotoShow Technical support here.

I neglected to say that I'm using Photoshow 5. I don't see "Received PhotoShows" or "Photo Finder" options either.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,869 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (weddingmeister @ May 18 2010, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I neglected to say that I'm using Photoshow 5. I don't see "Received PhotoShows" or "Photo Finder" options either.

You posted where I assumed that you has PhotoShow 5.  Did you call Tech Support? Hvae you tried to edit online?

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 weddingmeister

weddingmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ May 18 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You posted where I assumed that you has PhotoShow 5.  Did you call Tech Support? Hvae you tried to edit online?

I've done all the editing online. I tried "chatting" but it wasn't working very well, so I called. He said that Roxio was having some server problems.

I've opened PS & clicked on the Manage tab but I don't see "Received PhotoShows in the Photo Finder."

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,869 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (weddingmeister @ May 18 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've done all the editing online. I tried "chatting" but it wasn't working very well, so I called. He said that Roxio was having some server problems.

I've opened PS & clicked on the Manage tab but I don't see "Received PhotoShows in the Photo Finder."

Time to give up some nice things and move up to Version 6.  It has some good things but it is not quite as functional as V5.  

I'm thinking that they left out a step in the instructions.  Once the e-mail works (if it still does), and you find out what step is left out, then perhaps it will become active.
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#7 weddingmeister

weddingmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ May 19 2010, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time to give up some nice things and move up to Version 6.  It has some good things but it is not quite as functional as V5.  

I'm thinking that they left out a step in the instructions.  Once the e-mail works (if it still does), and you find out what step is left out, then perhaps it will become active.

Okay, I bit the bullet & moved up to Version 6. However...   I'm unable to burn a DVD. I posted the problem & you suggested to re-install with antivirus disabled so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users