#1 Macian

Macian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

I am having the same problem as this person here:
http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...c=63587&hl=

I'm posting a new topic in hopes that it will bubble to the top.  When converting DVD files to the iPod Touch format, under options, I un-check subtitles and start the conversion process.  However, the application will not keep that setting and turn the option back on.  Is there a way to force this setting to stay off?  I am running SP2 of the product.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Macian @ May 25 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...c=63587&hl=

I'm posting a new topic in hopes that it will bubble to the top.  When converting DVD files to the iPod Touch format, under options, I un-check subtitles and start the conversion process.  However, the application will not keep that setting and turn the option back on.  Is there a way to force this setting to stay off?  I am running SP2 of the product.

Just to double check.  You can get rid of subtitles for the first one but then when you go to the scond one, the subtitles come back.  Is that correct?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Macian

Macian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

No skins.  Unfortunately, it's any time.  If I uncheck it in the options, click ok, and go back into options to see if they are off, the options are still on.  Even after turning it off.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Macian @ May 25 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No skins.  Unfortunately, it's any time.  If I uncheck it in the options, click ok, and go back into options to see if they are off, the options are still on.  Even after turning it off.

If you do one video, when you select no subtitles, are they there?   I'm just trying to determine if it is a inconvenience or a real problem so that you cannot turn off the subtitles.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Macian

Macian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (sknis @ May 25 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you do one video, when you select no subtitles, are they there?   I'm just trying to determine if it is a inconvenience or a real problem so that you cannot turn off the subtitles.

Understand.  If I have only one film listed in the Source window, and I select Options, uncheck the All under the Audio & Subtitle, click Ok to close it out, go back into the Options window, the items are checked again.

#6 Macian

Macian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

Just to update:  I've tried this now on two separate computers and have had the same results.

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Macian @ May 25 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to update:  I've tried this now on two separate computers and have had the same results.

Sub Titles is a Drop Box at the bottom of the Options panel, not a Check Box…

VCC___Options___Subtitle.jpg

Is that the one you are using???

Posted Image

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

I still can't get a straight answer from this OP.  

With one video and no subtitles, when you convert, do you get the subtitles?  putting it another way  -- Does selecting no subtitles and converting one video, are the subtitles removed?

For now, ignore your inability to keep the default setting.  

As far as I know there is no way to change the default setting and keep it.  It is not a bug; it is by design.  Perhaps the engineers who designed the software worked with a lot of subtitled movies.   tongue.gif
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#9 Macian

Macian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:32 AM

Just so we are all on the same page here:
1.  Open Roxio Video Copy & Convert
2.  Select the iPod Touch
3.  Click Movies under the Add Source: option.
4.  I select the movie file I want.
5.  Once the movie is populated into the Source section, I go over and select Options and set the following

And click OK.
6.  If I go back into the Options screen, all of the items are set back to default

If I follow step 5, click Ok and start the convert, the subtitles appear.

Frustrating.  And this happens on multiple computers.

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (Macian @ May 26 2010, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just so we are all on the same page here:
1.  Open Roxio Video Copy & Convert
2.  Select the iPod Touch
3.  Click Movies under the Add Source: option.
4.  I select the movie file I want.
5.  Once the movie is populated into the Source section, I go over and select Options and set the following

And click OK.
6.  If I go back into the Options screen, all of the items are set back to default

If I follow step 5, click Ok and start the convert, the subtitles appear.

Frustrating.  And this happens on multiple computers.

Can you point us to a source for this movie and we will try it out???
Posted Image

#11 Macian

Macian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:16 AM

Unfortunately, I can't point you to the location of the files I am using.  But they are files stored on my hard drive.

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Macian @ May 26 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately, I can't point you to the location of the files I am using.  But they are files stored on my hard drive.

I will see if i can find a source to retest that is not copy protected laugh.gif
Posted Image

#13 Tytalus

Tytalus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

Ahh, look and ye shall see!

Instead of starting my own thread, I'll hi-jack this one:

Same issue as the OP: Roxio Creator 2010 - 'Copy and Convert' does not appear to allow the conversion of DVD's without subtitles.

As mentioned in the postings above, you have options to disable various audio and subtitles (as seen at Jim's posting of 26 May 2010 - 03:32 AM), but 'none' for subtitles doesn't stick, even for one conversion.

However, if other subtitles are available (such as Arabic, Directors commentary, etc,) and you choose one of those, the option sticks for that conversion.

I know that there are issues to do with possible Copyright Violations, etc, for Hollywood titles (I'll let my conscience deal with that), but this has also complicated the issue of converting some Export Control DVDs we had produced at work.  Trying to get Exporters to watch such material with large white text pasted onto the screen detracts from learning experience!  :angry:

Apart from that, if the 'none' option is available for subtitles, why doesn't it work?  It would still appear to be a valid bug in the software.

If there isn't a fix/solution it looks like I'll be stuck with subtitled videos for work (we aint paying the filming company any more just to get non-subtitled DVDS!), and I'll have to seek alternative sources of iPhone playable versions of the films I have.

Thanks for looking, solutions welcome.

Ty

#14 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:10 AM

Unfortunately, this is not fixed in C2011, but you can add a DVD movie to Videowave and then output to something that iPod can playback.  That worked for me and there was no subtitles.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#15 Jamesspokes

Jamesspokes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:10 AM

Hello,

This Is my first post so please be nice haha!

I too am having the same problems as alot of you and I wanted to know if anyone has found a fix for it now?

The last post was back in 2010.

Hope you can help as this is doing my head in!

Thanks,

James

#16 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:13 AM

View PostJamesspokes, on 11 February 2011 - 04:10 AM, said:

Hello,

This Is my first post so please be nice haha!

I too am having the same problems as alot of you and I wanted to know if anyone has found a fix for it now?

The last post was back in 2010.

Hope you can help as this is doing my head in!

Thanks,

James

James, one of the people above was asked to post a short (couple of seconds) of the video but said that that was not possible.  Would you post a short section of the video on a file sharing site like "upfordown"?  

Remember that some movies have the text embedded in the video itself rather than as a separate tract so nothing can be done with it.  Also the video must be DRM free (but you would have been warned about that).

It may actually be a bug in the program but I doubt that Roxio will go back and fix an old version.  If we can get the video from you, we can see if it was fixed in the new version (Creator 2011).
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#17 JoeJoeBengal

JoeJoeBengal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

I am having the same problem.  Please fix it or send me my money back.

#18 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

View PostJoeJoeBengal, on 20 February 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

I am having the same problem.  Please fix it or send me my money back.

Nobody here is going to fix anything even if they could. We are just users of C2010 not the creators.

C2010 is almost 2 years old so I doubt you will get money back from anybody.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#19 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

Nothing broken, works fine…

I had a test piece that I have used and never have problem with it and its’ subtitles.

I would love to try a different video but when push comes to shove, no one has ever been able to produce one for us to look at  :(

Lots of complaints, never any action  :lol:
Posted Image

#20 Captions

Captions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostMacian, on 25 May 2010 - 10:50 AM, said:

<a href="http://forums.suppor...opic=63587&hl=" target="_blank">http://forums.suppor...c=63587&hl=</a>

I have had the same issue and finally discovered yesterday what to do to resolve it. Actually, it is work around, but I see no other way to get this done. I've found if I re rip the disk in question and remove all captions in the process, and then rather than save it to another disk, I save it as a folder with the standard DVD files in it. I then run Roxio 2020 Video Converter to do the conversion and see the defaults are set with no captions, since there are no captions to use. I've run this on 4 disks thus far and it works like a champ. True, a huge time suck having to re rip the donor DVD but it's the only way I have found to keep the captions out of my Video file conversions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users