norcliffe@bellsouth.net

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD audio problem

Question

It seems there is a glitch in Roxio Easy audio. I have used the audio video from TV before. It worked fine. Now I'm attempting transfering from a TAPE player using Roxio!

When I open the audio section to record a message saying "Software Not Found"! and it also says Roxio Easy VHS to DVD could not be located on your system. Re install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and then run this patch again. I resintall it from the original CD but is still getting the same messages.

Thank you

9 answers to this question

It seems there is a glitch in Roxio Easy audio. I have used the audio video from TV before. It worked fine. Now I'm attempting transfering from a TAPE player using Roxio!

When I open the audio section to record a message saying "Software Not Found"! and it also says Roxio Easy VHS to DVD could not be located on your system. Re install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and then run this patch again. I resintall it from the original CD but is still getting the same messages.

Thank you

Possibility you are running a Registry Cleaner that is taking too much away…

Like to know the version (Help-About after you get it running) but go through the Clean install as well as the Prep Steps before starting:

Vista/Win7

XP

KB Page

I tried all of the above instructions but the patch still won't correct the problem or upgrade the software.

In addition, I'm suppose to have the option when digitizing LPs and tapes, where it says in the manual, "in the capture From drop-down list, select Line (USB Audio Device). The Line (USB Audio Device) option is not there!

I'm wondering if the installation CD is defective. It was purchased from Best Buy!

I tried all of the above instructions but the patch still won't correct the problem or upgrade the software.

In addition, I'm suppose to have the option when digitizing LPs and tapes, where it says in the manual, "in the capture From drop-down list, select Line (USB Audio Device). The Line (USB Audio Device) option is not there!

I'm wondering if the installation CD is defective. It was purchased from Best Buy!

The service pack will not install on a version of software htat they do not apply to…

There are 3 different versions of V2D (See the pinned post at the top) and the latest doesn’t have any SP’s.

Maybe you should tell us more about your version, your OS and anything else that might give us a picture beyond don’t work:lol:

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD

Version:1.2.198;5.0.0.0

Build:121B98A, VHS;500B35A, VHS

You are missing SP2 for that version and the only update path is by clicking on Help-Check for Software Updates, within the program…

The SP you downloaded is not for the version you have, delete it. Nor is SP2, for your version, available for manual download.

Get the software updated and then we will see if the problem still exists.

I am receiving the following message when during installation of the update

Error

X

Cannot delete target file:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\DLLShared\DvdTranscode12.dll

Did you do it the way I outlined or are you still trying to do it manually?

I am really curious because I updated one yesterday and it asked me if it was OK to close a couple of running processes.