• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 norcliffe@bellsouth.net

norcliffe@bellsouth.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

It seems there is a glitch in Roxio Easy audio. I have used the audio video from TV before. It worked fine. Now I'm attempting  transfering from a TAPE player using Roxio!

When I open the audio section to record a message saying "Software Not Found"! and it also says Roxio Easy VHS to DVD could not be located on your system. Re install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and then run this patch again. I resintall it from the original CD but is still getting the same messages.

Thank you

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,862 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (norcliffe@bellsouth.net @ Jun 10 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems there is a glitch in Roxio Easy audio. I have used the audio video from TV before. It worked fine. Now I'm attempting  transfering from a TAPE player using Roxio!

When I open the audio section to record a message saying "Software Not Found"! and it also says Roxio Easy VHS to DVD could not be located on your system. Re install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and then run this patch again. I resintall it from the original CD but is still getting the same messages.

Thank you

Possibility you are running a Registry Cleaner that is taking too much away…

Like to know the version (Help-About after you get it running) but go through the Clean install as well as the Prep Steps before starting:

Vista/Win7
XP

KB Page

Posted Image

#3 norcliffe@bellsouth.net

norcliffe@bellsouth.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

I tried all of the above instructions but the patch still won't correct the problem or upgrade the software.
In addition, I'm suppose to have the option when digitizing LPs and tapes, where it says in the manual, "in the capture From drop-down list, select Line (USB Audio Device). The Line (USB Audio Device) option is not there!

I'm wondering if the installation CD is defective. It was purchased from Best Buy!

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,862 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (norcliffe@bellsouth.net @ Jun 11 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried all of the above instructions but the patch still won't correct the problem or upgrade the software.
In addition, I'm suppose to have the option when digitizing LPs and tapes, where it says in the manual, "in the capture From drop-down list, select Line (USB Audio Device). The Line (USB Audio Device) option is not there!

I'm wondering if the installation CD is defective. It was purchased from Best Buy!

The service pack will not install on a version of software htat they do not apply to…

There are 3 different versions of V2D (See the pinned post at the top) and the latest doesn’t have any SP’s.

Maybe you should tell us more about your version, your OS and anything else that might give us a picture beyond don’t worklaugh.gif
Posted Image

#5 norcliffe@bellsouth.net

norcliffe@bellsouth.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

I have roxio easy VHS to DVD CD.  My OS is Windows Vista HP

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,611 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (norcliffe@bellsouth.net @ Jun 15 2010, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, we know what OS you are using but not what version of the program.  Did you read this (link)?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#7 norcliffe@bellsouth.net

norcliffe@bellsouth.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD
Version:1.2.198;5.0.0.0
Build:121B98A, VHS;500B35A, VHS

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,862 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (norcliffe@bellsouth.net @ Jun 15 2010, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD
Version:1.2.198;5.0.0.0
Build:121B98A, VHS;500B35A, VHS

You are missing SP2 for that version and the only update path is by clicking on Help-Check for Software Updates, within the program…

The SP you downloaded is not for the version you have, delete it. Nor is SP2, for your version, available for manual download.

Get the software updated and then we will see if the problem still exists.

Posted Image

#9 norcliffe@bellsouth.net

norcliffe@bellsouth.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

I am receiving the following message when during installation of the update

Error

X

Cannot delete target file:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\DLLShared\DvdTranscode12.dll

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,862 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (norcliffe@bellsouth.net @ Jun 16 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am receiving the following message when during installation of the update

Error

X

Cannot delete target file:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\DLLShared\DvdTranscode12.dll

Did you do it the way I outlined or are you still trying to do it manually?

I am really curious because I updated one yesterday and it asked me if it was OK to close a couple of running processes.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users