MikeWill99

No audio on avi converted DVD

Question

When copying a DVD movie disk, Popcorn 4 gives perfect results, but when converting an AVI file to DVD and burning to a DVD, I have no sound.

The same thing happens with Toast 10. Video is OK but no audio. Tried on different AVI files, all converted with no sound.

Other programs can convert the AVI file with sound, but not Popcorn 4 or Toast 10. Why?

HELP!!

Edited by MikeWill99

5 answers to this question

This is usually corrected by going to www.perian.org to download and install the perian codec. You need to start the project from the beginning again after installing perian.

This is usually corrected by going to www.perian.org to download and install the perian codec. You need to start the project from the beginning again after installing perian.

Thank you tsantee. That fixed the problem completely.

You know, I've been looking over all the posts for Popcorn 4 and you, tsantee have answered many queries and given much advice to many people, BUT ONLY ONE PERSON OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HELPED EVER THANKED YOU.

Come on guys, if you want to get support like this from a fellow Popcorn user (not a Roxio employee), you need to show a bit more appreciation.

It doesn't take much to say "Thank You"; and remember, it's the only payment he will get for all the experience and knowledge he brings to these user forums.

So on behalf of all the people who DIDN"T say it to you ... THANK YOU TSANTEE !!!!

Regards ... Mike Williams

Thank you tsantee. That fixed the problem completely.

You know, I've been looking over all the posts for Popcorn 4 and you, tsantee have answered many queries and given much advice to many people, BUT ONLY ONE PERSON OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HELPED EVER THANKED YOU.

Come on guys, if you want to get support like this from a fellow Popcorn user (not a Roxio employee), you need to show a bit more appreciation.

It doesn't take much to say "Thank You"; and remember, it's the only payment he will get for all the experience and knowledge he brings to these user forums.

So on behalf of all the people who DIDN"T say it to you ... THANK YOU TSANTEE !!!!

Regards ... Mike Williams

It's a pleasure. You're welcome!

THANK YOU TSANTEE!! Worked for Toast Titanium 11 as well.

Was looking for a remedy to this problem for the past week.

Edited by PKprot

Oh, thank God I found this thread! I didn't know what to do, honestly! Popcorn 4 is my favorite stuff but it really didn't want to make my AVI converted files sound))) Thanks a lot for the advice, tsantee! It worked perfectly)))