SoCalRedWinger

VideoWave hangs on Windows 7 64-bit, Roxio won't fix it

Question

I posted an issue on Roxio's main support site stating that I have a video project that I started in MyDVD, and then sent to VideoWave in order to add menus etc. I got pretty far in creating my menu structure, and then VideoWave hangs. Roxio had me check my video display adapter driver (up to date), do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the software, and sent me a bunch of canned "solutions", none of which fixed the problem. Finally, they offered me a refund, and stated that if I did not take the refund, I "will be able to continue using our software within any limitations you might encounter but further trouble shooting for the current issue at hand cannot be provided." In other words, the software doesn't work as advertised, and they're not willing to fix it! Too bad there's no way to attache a PDF here, or I'd attach the entire message thread with Roxio support.

Anybody else running into an issue like this?

5 answers to this question

Perhaps you could tell us your system specs and also a reasonably detailed description of what you are doing - video length, number of menu items and so on and what steps you are going through

I posted an issue on Roxio's main support site stating that I have a video project that I started in MyDVD, and then sent to VideoWave in order to add menus etc. I got pretty far in creating my menu structure, and then VideoWave hangs. Roxio had me check my video display adapter driver (up to date), do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the software, and sent me a bunch of canned "solutions", none of which fixed the problem. Finally, they offered me a refund, and stated that if I did not take the refund, I "will be able to continue using our software within any limitations you might encounter but further trouble shooting for the current issue at hand cannot be provided." In other words, the software doesn't work as advertised, and they're not willing to fix it! Too bad there's no way to attache a PDF here, or I'd attach the entire message thread with Roxio support.

The software works just fine for most people and Roxio cannot fix something they can't duplicate.

You cannot start a project in myDVD and then send it to Videowave:mellow: You start your project in Videowave (Edit Video - advanced, (where you add your video, photos, transitons, audio etc) and then you can send it to myDVD (Create DVDs) where you create your menus etc and do the burn.

As daithy posted a detailed explanation is really necessar if you want some help here.

To start, I would guess that you started your project in Videowave, and then brought that into MyDVD to make the menus, not the other way around. So, is it VideoWave or MyDVD that is hanging up?

As for attaching things, click on "Reply" and see if there is an "Attachments" field below the text area. If so, click the Browse button to find your .PDF, then Attach it. But, we will also want the information about your system already requested.

To start, I would guess that you started your project in Videowave, and then brought that into MyDVD to make the menus, not the other way around. So, is it VideoWave or MyDVD that is hanging up?

As for attaching things, click on "Reply" and see if there is an "Attachments" field below the text area. If so, click the Browse button to find your .PDF, then Attach it. But, we will also want the information about your system already requested.

It's not working, someone is checking into it....

SoCalRedWinger

I run W-7 x64 Pro with C2010 Pro and don't have any problem..

Could you explain better and include your system specs?

RedWinger,I'm a RedWinger, might be a different RedWinger tho?

cd

Actually if the pdf is just a copy/paste of canned responses from the help desk, better not (no point in filling all our screens with something we don't need to see)