patterjp

Creator 2010 Pro Will Not Install On Win7 Ultimate X64

Question

I have tried 3 times and each time, nothing shows up under Program Files, Program Files(x86), or in the Install/Uninstall listings.

James P Patterson

8 answers to this question

Dude so sorry, I can't get it to install either. I wasted a lot of time with their e-mail tech support which really just kept telling me that same old thing, not sure if anyone ever really read what I posted or the logs they asked me to send. So frustrating, I've had a problem with everyone of their programs in the past, always such a mess. I recently had an issue with Norton and they were amazing, logged on to my system, took 2 separate tries but the Supervisor finally got it going, why can't these guys do the same? Hope you the best, if you get something please let me know, Ben.

Error messages?

Where does the install hang?

Wow man, thanks for asking or maybe you were asking the above fellow but I just checked the install log and found where it said: "Action InstallActions.DOTNETFX_351.INSTALLDOTNETFX35_FUL failed with exit code 5100.

Installation failed with error code 5100" then it begins it's rollback;(

Have tried replacing the dotnetfx3.51 from the one on the disk with a download from Microsoft but didn't make any difference. Does anyone running Windows 7 see it listed in "Programs and Features" I've never seen it there and can't install it separately when I've tried. I've heard it is an integral part of Windows 7 and comes installed with it. Thanks for any help, Ben.

Wow man, thanks for asking or maybe you were asking the above fellow but I just checked the install log and found where it said: "Action InstallActions.DOTNETFX_351.INSTALLDOTNETFX35_FUL failed with exit code 5100.

Installation failed with error code 5100" then it begins it's rollback;(

Have tried replacing the dotnetfx3.51 from the one on the disk with a download from Microsoft but didn't make any difference. Does anyone running Windows 7 see it listed in "Programs and Features" I've never seen it there and can't install it separately when I've tried. I've heard it is an integral part of Windows 7 and comes installed with it. Thanks for any help, Ben.

Start Control Panel->Programs->Turn on or off Windows Features and check if .net framework 3.5.1 is checked and installed.

post-97-061392300 1279150581.jpg

James, you're wasting your time on here.

There are no fixes because Creator 2010 is an incomplete piece of software, unscrupulously marketed even when its makers knew it was useless.

This forum exists so that other amateurs can give you false advice, and mess up your PC completely, and to make Roxio look responsive. I shouldn't bother. Wait a few months until they've fixed it, and then get a pirate version. After all, you've already paid for it.

Dude so sorry, I can't get it to install either. I wasted a lot of time with their e-mail tech support which really just kept telling me that same old thing, not sure if anyone ever really read what I posted or the logs they asked me to send. So frustrating, I've had a problem with everyone of their programs in the past, always such a mess. I recently had an issue with Norton and they were amazing, logged on to my system, took 2 separate tries but the Supervisor finally got it going, why can't these guys do the same? Hope you the best, if you get something please let me know, Ben.

Hi BT -

I noticed that you were refunded for the software on July 2nd and you have agreed to remove it. Did you repurchase and experience problems or do you still have it on your machine?

Jon

James, you're wasting your time on here.

There are no fixes because Creator 2010 is an incomplete piece of software, unscrupulously marketed even when its makers knew it was useless.

This forum exists so that other amateurs can give you false advice, and mess up your PC completely, and to make Roxio look responsive. I shouldn't bother. Wait a few months until they've fixed it, and then get a pirate version. After all, you've already paid for it.

Please see the reply I put here.

Not sure what your talking about as far as disconnecting from any chat, every time I checked into it, it was always past "regular hours" and I was never able to do it. Not sure how or why it would have come up that way.

To the fellow that said I got my money back I think if you read the post I did not agree to any such thing and of course never got any refund. I'd like to get this thing on my system! Wish more effort was put into getting us fixed then trying to make us look bad;(

I almost thought I had it today, went much farther then ever before but of course ended up "rolling back" as usual. I was installing an update for "Light Scribe" software and it ran into an privileged issue and said it couldn't install short-cut, make sure the folder was there and I had access or something which I did by "taking ownership" of the folder and clicking "share with" everyone, home group. Of course, thank God it installed. After that I did the same for all folders in that folder and thought hey why not try Roxio again and it seemed like it was going to work, oh well, I'll keep trying from time to time;(

Thanks again to everyone that has tried to help me. I thought I had all the privilege stuff taken care of but maybe there is some more I haven't found yet, any suggestions are always appreciated, God bless, Ben. p.s, this Windows 7 64 bit was a full upgrade so not from the vendor so I guess I have to set all these things up myself, privileges ect, missed Vista so this is all new to me;)

I see you are posting quite frequently, but am not seeing where support has failed you in the ticket history they offered indepth support including requesting log files, system specs, and extended instructions to resolve your issue. It's quite possible you still have locked folders (as you mentioned) and that's something that the installer can't fix for you.

That said, I'm going to close these threads (most of them are old) and suggest you start up a new thread and explain everything you have done so our community can have a whack at it.

Or

You can respond to the existing ticket and continue where you left off on July 2nd.

Thanks,

Jon