• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lineas tenso

lineas tenso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

My first slide show burned A-OK. I then edited then the show & added transitions and video effects. The 2nd burn resulted with still images that are not sharp and have wavy effects going on. Is this caused by the "fade" transition used between images?

For the best image quality which file extension to use?  .avi  .wmv  .dmss

Trash can full of bad quality DVD's (DVD-R) using Roxio 2010

#2 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,597 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

View Postlineas tenso, on 06 August 2010 - 08:55 AM, said:

My first slide show burned A-OK. I then edited then the show & added transitions and video effects. The 2nd burn resulted with still images that are not sharp and have wavy effects going on. Is this caused by the "fade" transition used between images?

For the best image quality which file extension to use?  .avi  .wmv  .dmss

Trash can full of bad quality DVD's (DVD-R) using Roxio 2010

(Reference is being made for the "Videowave Program)

If you are referring to still photos I suggest jpg file extension.

If you're referring to Video, I suggest avi file extension.

If you think it might be the "fade" transitions you are using, try another type of transition and try selecting a different transition duration and see what you get ??

Frank...
REDWAGON

4 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

Anything longer than 1 hour on a DVD will result in loss of quality.  In Create DVD (MyDVD) when you go to burn your project(s), select HQ (High Quality) AND select burn to ISO (image file).  Name the ISO and where you want it placed.  IF it encodes correctly, use the utility on the Home page to copy the ISO to a DVD.

Note: You can use the free VLC Playerto play the ISO file before you burn it to disc.  Saves the stress and strain on the wastebasket.

Note 2:  The ability to use some of the transitions properly (3D transitions) depends on your video device. Do you know what you have and have you updated the drivers for it?

Note 3: Use Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave) to create your slide show.  Watch these.

Edited by sknis, 06 August 2010 - 10:10 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users