3 replies to this topic

#1 stephend7

stephend7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hi,

Is there any way to listen to the music I am recording? I'm using RecordNow 10 Music Lab and although it records music fine I can't hear it. It would be nice to listen to all these old albums while I'm sitting here recording them.

I am using an ION USB turntable on windows xp. XP has been fully updated to the latest version.

I am able to listen and record with other software recording programs I have.

Thanks for the help.

#2 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:18 AM

View Poststephend7, on 11 August 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

I am able to listen and record with other software recording programs I have.

I might guess that if you use the recording application that came with the ION USB Turntable, that allows you to listen as you record?  The problem is that the software has to know that the signal coming in from the USB device isn't automatically going to the sound card and out to the speakers.  The software that comes with the turntable knows that, and makes it a point to redirect the sound to the speakers.  RecordNow doesn't know that, so it simply captures the audio without doing the redirection.  

There's nothing wrong with using the other program to do the capture, then using RecordNow to do all the post processing and writing to CD.

Sorry I don't have a better solution.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#3 stephend7

stephend7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

It's not only the software from ION that allows listening and recording. Others do allow it as well. I've purchased several over the years and prefer this interface and work flow, just seems like a waste to not hear the music as I go.

#4 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

Well, as I say, you can easily record using the other software, then open the .WAV file in RecordNow for all the rest of the processing you want to do.  I usually record using one application, then use one or two other applications to do cleaning and trimming before finally writing to CD.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users