stephend7

Song Id Not Working Well

Question

Hi,

I am using Roxio RecordNow 10 Music Lab to record LP's on my ION USB turntable. When I try to use the automatic song ID to lookup song titles and fill track information in automatically I usually get a bad ID. It gets the right song only 2 or 3 times out of 5 or 6 tracks. Sometimes it doesn't get any and it never gets them all. It isn't even consistent. I had one ID correctly 4 tracks then hit the wrong button so I had to do it again. This time it ID'd only 1 track correctly.

Does this really work this poorly?

Thanks for the help.

2 answers to this question

The program looks up the CDDB database which is now owned by Gracenotes.

To get a good hit on the database you need to match your album with a commercial album in the database so the number and order of songs in the album, and the length of each one of them, matches an entry in the database.

It's Gracenotes' software which tries to match your array of tracks with an entry in the database - not the Sonic/Roxio software.

Hi,

I am using Roxio RecordNow 10 Music Lab to record LP's on my ION USB turntable. When I try to use the automatic song ID to lookup song titles and fill track information in automatically I usually get a bad ID. It gets the right song only 2 or 3 times out of 5 or 6 tracks. Sometimes it doesn't get any and it never gets them all. It isn't even consistent. I had one ID correctly 4 tracks then hit the wrong button so I had to do it again. This time it ID'd only 1 track correctly.

Does this really work this poorly?

Thanks for the help.

The CDDB is designed mainly to be used with CDs, it is really not very accurate (if it works at all) when used to identify tracks ripped from LPs.