2 replies to this topic

#1 stephend7

stephend7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Hi,

I am using Roxio RecordNow 10 Music Lab to record LP's on my ION USB turntable. When I try to use the automatic song ID to lookup song titles and fill track information in automatically I usually get a bad ID. It gets the right song only 2 or 3 times out of 5 or 6 tracks. Sometimes it doesn't get any and it never gets them all. It isn't even consistent. I had one ID correctly 4 tracks then hit the wrong button so I had to do it again. This time it ID'd only 1 track correctly.

Does this really work this poorly?

Thanks for the help.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,207 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:46 AM

The program looks up the CDDB database which is now owned by Gracenotes.

To get a good hit on the database you need to match your album with a commercial album in the database so the number and order of songs in the album, and the length of each one of them, matches an entry in the database.

It's Gracenotes' software which tries to match your array of tracks with an entry in the database - not the Sonic/Roxio software.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#3 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,798 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

View Poststephend7, on 11 August 2010 - 09:43 PM, said:

Hi,

I am using Roxio RecordNow 10 Music Lab to record LP's on my ION USB turntable. When I try to use the automatic song ID to lookup song titles and fill track information in automatically I usually get a bad ID. It gets the right song only 2 or 3 times out of 5 or 6 tracks. Sometimes it doesn't get any and it never gets them all. It isn't even consistent. I had one ID correctly 4 tracks then hit the wrong button so I had to do it again. This time it ID'd only 1 track correctly.

Does this really work this poorly?

Thanks for the help.

The CDDB is designed mainly to be used with CDs, it is really not very accurate (if it works at all) when used to identify tracks ripped from LPs.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users