• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjlean

tjlean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

I'm upgrading my computer to intel Mac and would like to know if Toast 6 still works with intel Mac or do I have to go to Toast 10? Does Toast 10 still have Motion Pictures software that came with toast 6? If not is there an equivalent software to make movie slides?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

Some of Toast 6's features probably work in Snow Leopard such as data disc burning, disc copying, exporting to other formats. I'm not sure about the audio and video capabilities because of all the changes Apple has made to QuickTime. Certainly Toast 10 has many more capabilities than Toast 6.

Motion Pictures won't work in Snow Leopard. Toast 10 Pro includes the Fotomagico slide show application that is far superior to Motion Pictures. The one thing you'll miss is having multiple images on screen at the same time. I don't know of any application other than Motion Pictures that can do that. But Motion Pictures also was very limited in other ways and very buggy.

You can make motion slide shows with iMovie, too.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 tjlean

tjlean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

View Posttsantee, on 21 August 2010 - 11:01 AM, said:

Some of Toast 6's features probably work in Snow Leopard such as data disc burning, disc copying, exporting to other formats. I'm not sure about the audio and video capabilities because of all the changes Apple has made to QuickTime. Certainly Toast 10 has many more capabilities than Toast 6.

Motion Pictures won't work in Snow Leopard. Toast 10 Pro includes the Fotomagico slide show application that is far superior to Motion Pictures. The one thing you'll miss is having multiple images on screen at the same time. I don't know of any application other than Motion Pictures that can do that. But Motion Pictures also was very limited in other ways and very buggy.

You can make motion slide shows with iMovie, too.
Thank you for the info. I do movie slide on the side and Motion Pictures though limited works for me. My concern now are the projects that I made before since I won't be able to open them anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users