Roxio Community

Can't Upload A Video From My Camcorda Or Pc Why? Help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 susieq

susieq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:33 AM

Can anyone help me please? I have the easy cd and dvd burning software from Roxio. I have uploaded my video footage from my Camcorder/camera ( Sanyo Xacti cg10) and it plays fine on the pc via cyberlink, but when i try to add it on to the roxio programme to create a disc it states "file can not be edited, so has not been added!!!! I need to burn my family shots onto a disc what am i doing wrong? can someone please advise me? Thanks :-) sue

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

View Postsusieq, on 24 August 2010 - 05:33 AM, said:

Can anyone help me please? I have the easy cd and dvd burning software from Roxio. I have uploaded my video footage from my Camcorder/camera ( Sanyo Xacti cg10) and it plays fine on the pc via cyberlink, but when i try to add it on to the roxio programme to create a disc it states "file can not be edited, so has not been added!!!! I need to burn my family shots onto a disc what am i doing wrong? can someone please advise me? Thanks :-) sue

Have a look at this  http://forums.suppor...on-do-you-have/  and tell us if this is the version you have?

If this is your version, what application are you using?.

You posted in the EMC 9 forum ...........please clarify what you have.

Edited by ogdens, 24 August 2010 - 06:08 AM.

#3 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

View Postsusieq, on 24 August 2010 - 05:33 AM, said:

Is this the Hidef camcorder? If you recorded in HiDef then EMC 9 may not be compatible with Hidef video. You may need to convert the video to a format acceptable to EMC 9 or upgrade to the newest Roxio software (C2010 or C2011 due in the near future)

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,191 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:33 AM

Yes, it is HD video mpg4 format. I don't remember if EMC 9 will work with mpg4 files.  Use "ANy Video Converter" free to convert them to standard definition mpg2 files.

I own a HD Xacti (dual camera) camcorder.  You may want to look at Creator 2011 since it will take the files drirectly and becasue it has a feature that will minimize shake from the mini-camcorders.  You can get a discount (about $30) since you already own a Roxio product.  Make sure your computer will handle BOTH the HD files and the program. Consider the requirements as minimums.

Edited by sknis, 24 August 2010 - 08:34 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 susieq

susieq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

View Postsknis, on 24 August 2010 - 08:33 AM, said:

Yes, it is HD video mpg4 format. I don't remember if EMC 9 will work with mpg4 files.  Use "ANy Video Converter" free to convert them to standard definition mpg2 files.

I own a HD Xacti (dual camera) camcorder.  You may want to look at Creator 2011 since it will take the files drirectly and becasue it has a feature that will minimize shake from the mini-camcorders.  You can get a discount (about $30) since you already own a Roxio product.  Make sure your computer will handle BOTH the HD files and the program. Consider the requirements as minimums.

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. I am not good on all this technical stuff and only brought the software yesterday, so not happy I can't sort out my videos! I will go back to pc world and see if I can exchange it, thank you all once again Sue :-)

View Postsusieq, on 24 August 2010 - 09:13 AM, said:

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. I am not good on all this technical stuff and only brought the software yesterday, so not happy I can't sort out my videos! I will go back to pc world and see if I can exchange it, thank you all once again Sue :-)

By the way, you also own the same camera/camcorder, how do you find best to do your videos? Thank you Sue

#6 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

If you only bought it yesterday, go and beat them on the head with it

EMC9 is at least THREE full versions behind the current Creator 2010 (which would have been EMC 12 if they hadn't changed the naming system)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,191 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

View Postsusieq, on 24 August 2010 - 09:15 AM, said:

By the way, you also own the same camera/camcorder, how do you find best to do your videos? Thank you Sue

I do not have the same one but I do have an Xacti HD camcorder model VPC-CG102

I'm not sure what you mean.  How best to do what?  

Did you get the videos onto your computer?  If you have an old version of the program, you need to use the software I recommended to do the conversion and then use Video Wave to edit them/put them together etc.  After that, you can output them to DVD if that is what you want.  karri has some very good videos on Video Wave.  Hers are more to do with a slide show but it gives you some basics.  Just add your files as if they were images.  You can also look at these ; they are more on video editing and MyDVD.  Look in the tips and tricks areas of the forums for more help.

The first response we need to have is did you buy a 3-4 year old version of the software, Creator 2009 (2 years old) or did you get something that came with your computer?
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#8 susieq

susieq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:59 PM

View Postsknis, on 24 August 2010 - 11:27 AM, said:

I do not have the same one but I do have an Xacti HD camcorder model VPC-CG102

I'm not sure what you mean.  How best to do what?  

Did you get the videos onto your computer?  If you have an old version of the program, you need to use the software I recommended to do the conversion and then use Video Wave to edit them/put them together etc.  After that, you can output them to DVD if that is what you want.  karri has some very good videos on Video Wave.  Hers are more to do with a slide show but it gives you some basics.  Just add your files as if they were images.  You can also look at these ; they are more on video editing and MyDVD.  Look in the tips and tricks areas of the forums for more help.

The first response we need to have is did you buy a 3-4 year old version of the software, Creator 2009 (2 years old) or did you get something that came with your computer?

Hi, I have got the videos onto my computer and now want to burn them to a disc to watch on the tv ? When I try to import the video to the Roxio software it shows a message stating, this file can not be edited so has not been added. The software is called Easy Cd and Dvd burning. I can't find a date on it , but it states copyright from 2004. When I play back the videos on my pc they play back via cyberlink dvd player and they look great! I just can't put them onto Roxio to burn them to a disc. Sorry to appear a little clueless I'm not to good on computers!!!! Thanks again Sue

#9 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

View Postsusieq, on 24 August 2010 - 01:59 PM, said:

Hi, I have got the videos onto my computer and now want to burn them to a disc to watch on the tv ? When I try to import the video to the Roxio software it shows a message stating, this file can not be edited so has not been added. The software is called Easy Cd and Dvd burning. I can't find a date on it , but it states copyright from 2004. When I play back the videos on my pc they play back via cyberlink dvd player and they look great! I just can't put them onto Roxio to burn them to a disc. Sorry to appear a little clueless I'm not to good on computers!!!! Thanks again Sue

I am afraid that your 2004 software is not able to handle the Hidef video from todays camcorders.

You will need a video convesrion program that is able to convert the video to something that the old program will accept. Or you can upgrade to todays software C2011 just released today.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,191 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

Post 4 (and others) blue text is a link.  There is a link to Any Video Converter that should do the conversion for you.

Remember that you will be going from High Definition (approx 1920 by 1080 lines of resolution) to Standard Definition (720 by 480) if you make a standard DVD. The video will not look as sharp.  If you want HD, then you need:
1) a version that will handle the HD files AND a Blu ray player that will play AVCHD files or
2) a version that will handle the HD files AND the Blu-ray Player AND a Blu-ray burner.

You can always connect your computer to your HDTV and play the files from there with an appropriate video player.

See if you can return what you bought or do an exchange for a Version of Creator 2010 or 2011 Pro.  You will have an investment to make so it would be best if you read up on what you want to do.

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users