6 replies to this topic

#1 yuri

yuri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

Bought and downloaded Creator 11 Pro.

Cant install because many msi files cant be found.

C:\USER...\Roxio Video Capture USB.msi
C:\USER...AppData\Local...\BOTAAppPE.msi
            "             \BOTAAPP.msi
            "     \LocalTe...\CDDP.msi
            "                \VD64 Inst.msi
            "     \Roxio Streamer x64.msi
            "     \Roxio Streamer.msi

and a couple others

How can i rememdy this problem?

Please help me.

thanks

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

Extract the files (use winzip or winrar - it's a self-extracting archive) to two folders on the hard driva and try running setup.exe from there

If it fails to extract, you will have to download it again
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 Guest_Rick_*

Guest_Rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

I'm having the same problem with the added affect.

After NOT finding the .msi files I continued on by selecting the OK button until Roxio 11 installed completed without installing.

I tried to install a second time and got a message saying my system did not meet the minimum requirements to install.  This was after the .msi problem.

I'm running an i7 with 9 Gig memory and Windows 7 Ultimate.

So, my question is how the heck to you install this product.  Seems it didn't go through much testing of the install components.

Need help.................

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

9 GB is a strange amount - the sticks come in 1 GB or 2 GB sizes and four slots (which is usual) would be 8 GB

I have it installed here in W7 Ultimate 64 bit with no problem, so I'm at a loss as to why you are having that difficulty. Have you upgraded your video drivers (from the chipset maker, NOT from MS)?

Also, make sure you are NOT running it in compatibility mode

And guys - it is NOT 'Creator 11' - it's Creator 2011 (which would have been EMC 13 if things hadn't been changed). The naming system changed after EMC 10, so to avoid confusion, please use the correct name

Edited by gi7omy, 25 August 2010 - 07:56 AM.

If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

Sounds more like a corrupted download file.  When you double-click on the downloaded file, it proceeds to unpack the msi files in the system's temp folder.   As Daithi suggested, try using an app like WinZip or the free JZip to unpack the files into a folder. If the file is corrupt, these app will let you know. If the file unpacks with no errors, you can then run the 'setup.exe' in the folder.  Would also be a good idea to burn a back up copy of the folder, too!

Edited by ggrussell, 25 August 2010 - 07:59 AM.

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#6 Martin Dekker

Martin Dekker

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostRick, on 25 August 2010 - 07:08 AM, said:

I tried to install a second time and got a message saying my system did not meet the minimum requirements to install.

Well, running the risk of hijacking this thread as it has nothing to do with the lost MSI issue... but at your second attempt to install the program, did you do that "using the recommended settings" from the pop up that appears after your first attempt failed? If so, this choice may have caused to run install in Vista mode and causing Creator 2011 install the "not meeting the minimal requirements" error message.

Martin

Edited by Martin Dekker, 25 August 2010 - 01:22 PM.

Laptop:
13" MacBook Air 2013, Core i7 4650U, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb PCIE SSD, OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Windows 8.1 via Parallels 9)

Desktop:
C2Q8300, 4Gb DDR3 RAM, nVidia GT220 1Gb, 120Gb SSD OCZ Vertex 2 [BEST UPGRADE EVER, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!] + 2Tb SATA300 5200-7200rpm, High Definition audio ALC 888S chipset, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit (Dutch), Creator 2011 SP1 (ESD retail, Dutch)

#7 Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

Digital Master

• Roxio Staff
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

View PostMartin Dekker, on 25 August 2010 - 01:21 PM, said:

Well, running the risk of hijacking this thread as it has nothing to do with the lost MSI issue... but at your second attempt to install the program, did you do that "using the recommended settings" from the pop up that appears after your first attempt failed? If so, this choice may have caused to run install in Vista mode and causing Creator 2011 install the "not meeting the minimal requirements" error message.

Martin

The missing msi files issue is fixed on our server. Its a bug we're aware of having to deal with downloading of setup.exe during installation.
Du Tran
Quality Assurance Lead (I break things, I don't fix them)
ROXIO, a division of Sonic Solutions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users