yuri

Installation Errors - Msi Files Not Found

Question

Bought and downloaded Creator 11 Pro.

Cant install because many msi files cant be found.

C:\USER...\Roxio Video Capture USB.msi

C:\USER...AppData\Local...\BOTAAppPE.msi

" \BOTAAPP.msi

" \LocalTe...\CDDP.msi

" \VD64 Inst.msi

" \Roxio Streamer x64.msi

" \Roxio Streamer.msi

and a couple others

How can i rememdy this problem?

Please help me.

thanks

6 answers to this question

Extract the files (use winzip or winrar - it's a self-extracting archive) to two folders on the hard driva and try running setup.exe from there

If it fails to extract, you will have to download it again

Guest Rick

I'm having the same problem with the added affect.

After NOT finding the .msi files I continued on by selecting the OK button until Roxio 11 installed completed without installing.

I tried to install a second time and got a message saying my system did not meet the minimum requirements to install. This was after the .msi problem.

I'm running an i7 with 9 Gig memory and Windows 7 Ultimate.

So, my question is how the heck to you install this product. Seems it didn't go through much testing of the install components.

Need help.................

9 GB is a strange amount - the sticks come in 1 GB or 2 GB sizes and four slots (which is usual) would be 8 GB

I have it installed here in W7 Ultimate 64 bit with no problem, so I'm at a loss as to why you are having that difficulty. Have you upgraded your video drivers (from the chipset maker, NOT from MS)?

Also, make sure you are NOT running it in compatibility mode

And guys - it is NOT 'Creator 11' - it's Creator 2011 (which would have been EMC 13 if things hadn't been changed). The naming system changed after EMC 10, so to avoid confusion, please use the correct name

Edited by gi7omy

Sounds more like a corrupted download file. When you double-click on the downloaded file, it proceeds to unpack the msi files in the system's temp folder. As Daithi suggested, try using an app like WinZip or the free JZip to unpack the files into a folder. If the file is corrupt, these app will let you know. If the file unpacks with no errors, you can then run the 'setup.exe' in the folder. Would also be a good idea to burn a back up copy of the folder, too!

Edited by ggrussell

I tried to install a second time and got a message saying my system did not meet the minimum requirements to install.

Well, running the risk of hijacking this thread as it has nothing to do with the lost MSI issue... but at your second attempt to install the program, did you do that "using the recommended settings" from the pop up that appears after your first attempt failed? If so, this choice may have caused to run install in Vista mode and causing Creator 2011 install the "not meeting the minimal requirements" error message.

Martin

Edited by Martin Dekker

Well, running the risk of hijacking this thread as it has nothing to do with the lost MSI issue... but at your second attempt to install the program, did you do that "using the recommended settings" from the pop up that appears after your first attempt failed? If so, this choice may have caused to run install in Vista mode and causing Creator 2011 install the "not meeting the minimal requirements" error message.

Martin

The missing msi files issue is fixed on our server. Its a bug we're aware of having to deal with downloading of setup.exe during installation.