• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nikurashi

nikurashi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:52 AM

I recently bought Boom Box to help me transfer music from my LPs and audio cassettes to iTunes or CDs. I made a test run to see how Boom Box worked and how to operate it. I was saddened and disappointed to learn that it had no provision for converting AIFF files to the MP3 format; nevertheless, I used Disc Doctor to "record" a few songs to get a better feel for the process. However, the extent to which the AIFF format used up my computer's storage space alarmed me, so I stopped the process. I did not, at least knowingly, transfer anything to iTunes. Later, being concerned about the test "recordings" I had made, I called Roxio. The person I talked to said that as long as I had not transferred the "recordings" to iTunes, they were not permanent. Later, I found that this was incorrect. Those test "recordings" are somewhere in my computer, and I want them removed. My question is, how do I find those files, and how do I delete them? I just can't afford to waste storage space on files that were just "recorded" as tests.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,518 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:50 PM

The default scratch file location is in your User>Library>Application Support>CSSpinDoctor>Scratch folder. However, when you Save a Spin Doctor recording it moves the file to your save location. If you quit Spin Doctor without saving or exporting the file the scratch file is automatically deleted.

So where are those AIFFs? You can search for files by type and size using the Finder. That's how I'd try to find the ones from Spin Doctor.

The only application I know about that will record from an external audio input directly to MP3 is Audion which may still be available for free at www.panic.com/audion

Note that it doesn't have any ability to separate tracks or apply noise filters. That kind of editing requires the audio to be uncompressed (i.e. AIFF) rather than compressed as MP3.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users