Sign in to follow this  
davidorr

Result Code = -999 (What Does This Error Code Mean?)

Question

My friend is running Popcorn 4.0.2 on an Early 2006 iMac (Intel) w/ Snow Leopard 10.6.4, 2GB RAM and 28GB free hard disk space. When she tries to burn a DVD+R from a disk image whether it's compressed or not she gets a "Could not record the disc because (ID=-999). Result code = -999" message." Any suggestions on what's going wrong and how to resolve it would be most deeply appreciated!

4 answers to this question

Sorry, never heard of that error. Has she tried a different brand of discs or possibly a DVD-R disc. That's the only thing I can guess.

got the same error here , using video ts compilation .... it doesnt seem to start , compression , then it gives me the error code-999 .... cant do anything ....

got the same error here , using video ts compilation .... it doesnt seem to start , compression , then it gives me the error code-999 .... cant do anything ....

As a workaround try using the Media Browser to select the titles from the various VIDEO_TS folders and author a new DVD using the DVD video setting. Select DVD with the top button of the Media Browser and it will find a VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or in the Movies folder. I believe you also can search for the location of a VIDEO_TS folder. One advantage of this method is you also get to create a menu.

• Like 1