16 replies to this topic

#1 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

I recently purchased a laptop with Windows XP Service Pack 3, along with some USB CD/DVD RWs, and installed Easy Media Creator 7 (typical install).

I created an audio project where a CD was to be created with songs from multiple cds, then selected "Burn". When I did this on my desktop, Creator Classic would cache the songs from the current source CD, then ask (via pop-up) for the next source CD. On my laptop, instead of asking me for the next CD, Creator Classic simply stops the burning process.

The only difference I can think of between my desktop and my laptop is that my desktop has XP Service Pack 2 while my laptop has XP Service Pack 3.

Is there anything I can do to fix this (and if one of the options is getting the newest version of Creator, will it work for XP Service Pack 3)?

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

View Postlaser444, on 27 August 2010 - 08:10 AM, said:

I recently purchased a laptop with Windows XP Service Pack 3, along with some USB CD/DVD RWs, and installed Easy Media Creator 7 (typical install).

I created an audio project where a CD was to be created  with songs from multiple cds, then selected "Burn". When I did this on  my desktop, Creator Classic would cache the songs from the current  source CD, then ask (via pop-up) for the next source CD. On my laptop,  instead of asking me for the next CD, Creator Classic simply stops the  burning process.

The only difference I can think of between my desktop and my laptop is that my desktop has XP Service Pack 2 while my laptop has XP Service Pack 3.

Is there anything I can do to fix this (and if one of the options is getting the newest version of Creator, will it work for XP Service Pack 3)?

When I've did this it caches all the different songs you built in the CD Complication then you put a blank disc in and it burns.. That is not what you explained in the bold text above?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

Suppose I have two CDs (A and B) with one song on each, and I want to create a new CD that has the song from CD A and the song from CD B.  I usualy take the following steps in Creator Classic:

1) I would create a new Audio Project in Creator Classic.

2) I would insert CD A into my DVD-ROM drive and add CD A's song to the project.

3) I would remove CD A and insert CD B into my DVD-ROM drive and add CD B's song to the project.

4) I would insert a blank CD into my DVD-RW drive.

5) I would select "Burn", and verify the details of the project before clicking on "Burn" again.

6) Since CD B is still in mu DVD-ROM drive, the song on CD B would be cached.

7) After caching the song on CD B, Creator Classic will need CD A so it can cache CD A's song and begin burning.  On my desktop, Creator Classic shows a pop-up telling me to insert CD A into the DVD-ROM drive.  On my laptop, the pop-up does not display, and the burn operation is aborted --THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

Please note that when I copy songs from only one CD to a new CD, that it works.

I could copy both songs onto my harddrive, then create the project using the harddrive copies as the source, but this would take longer and consume more space on my harddrive.  I would like to make CDs the same way I've always made them, if possible.

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

7 repeats 2 doesn't it?

Don't use the Rom Drive use the DVD RW Drive. Insert A, insert B, insert a blank disc and burn...
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 August 2010 - 09:23 AM, said:

7 repeats 2 doesn't it?

Don't use the Rom Drive use the DVD RW Drive. Insert A, insert B, insert a blank disc and burn...

I should not have to do this, as I did not have to do it on my Desktop.  Clearly there is an issue on my laptop that is preventing Creator Classic from running correctly, and I want to know what it is.

Even if I do this, won't I have to insert A and B again in order to cache the tracks?  How would I know when to do this (instead of a pop-up, the program just cancels the burn).

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

I would rip the songs to the HD, burn them then delete them, best way to do it...

Your worried about HD space what do you think happens when you cache to temp?
cd
Spoiler

#7 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 August 2010 - 09:38 AM, said:

I would rip the songs to the HD, burn them then delete them, best way to do it...

Your worried about HD space what do you think happens when you cache to temp?

That's a good solution, but it does not answer my questions.  My questions are WHY IS ROXIO CREATOR CLASSIC BEHAVING DIFFERENTLY ON MY LAPTOP THAN ON MY DESKTOP, AND HOW CAN I GET IT TO WORK AS IT DID ON MY DESKTOP?

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

I DON'T KNOW I"M NOT THERE TO POKE THEM WITH A STICK AND SEE!:)

What version # is on the Desktop and on the laptop?
cd
Spoiler

#9 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 August 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

I DON'T KNOW I"M NOT THERE TO POKE THEM WITH A STICK AND SEE!:)

What version # is on the Desktop and on the laptop?

Both are version 7.

#10 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,487 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

View Postlaser444, on 27 August 2010 - 09:52 AM, said:

That's a good solution, but it does not answer my questions.  My questions are WHY IS ROXIO CREATOR CLASSIC BEHAVING DIFFERENTLY ON MY LAPTOP THAN ON MY DESKTOP, AND HOW CAN I GET IT TO WORK AS IT DID ON MY DESKTOP?

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 and/or Windows Media Player 10 or 11 on your computer?  Those did affect the video programs in EMC 7, but it may also foul up the way Creator Classic works, too.

Edited by grandpabruce, 27 August 2010 - 10:15 AM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#11 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 27 August 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 and/or Windows Media Player 10 or 11 on your computer?  Those did affect the video programs in EMC 7, but it may also foul up the way Creator Classic works, too.

I believe I might have WMP 10 or 11 --I don't know about IE7, because my laptop does not connect to the internet.  I'll check tonight.

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

View Postlaser444, on 27 August 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

Both are version 7.

I recently purchased a laptop with Windows XP Service Pack 3, along with  some USB CD/DVD RWs, and installed Easy Media Creator 7 (typical  install).

Below is what I meant by version #..

7.0x esd to 7.0.430.0 or 7.0x suite to 7.1.1.189?
cd
Spoiler

#13 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 August 2010 - 10:59 AM, said:

Below is what I meant by version #..

7.0x esd to 7.0.430.0 or 7.0x suite to 7.1.1.189?

I have Build 7.0.430.0 ENU.

#14 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 27 August 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

I have IE6 and WMP11 on my laptop.  I also have IE6 and WMP10 on my PC.  Do you think I out to fool with getting rid of WMP11 and replacing WMP10?  How would WMP interfere with the burning process?

#15 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

View Postlaser444, on 27 August 2010 - 01:18 PM, said:

I have IE6 and WMP11 on my laptop.  I also have IE6 and WMP10 on my PC.  Do you think I out to fool with getting rid of WMP11 and replacing WMP10?  How would WMP interfere with the burning process?

If everything else works I'd leave it alone and burn the work around I posted earlier...
cd
Spoiler

#16 laser444

laser444

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

View Postlaser444, on 27 August 2010 - 01:18 PM, said:

When I use only the DVD-RW drive, it works, but it does not work when I use a DVD-ROM to hold the source CDs and the DVD-RW to hold the blank CD (which to me makes more sense, and does not risk damaging or overwriting the original CDs).

I don't want a way around this (I can think of many safer wasys around it) --I want a way to do this such that the source CDs remain in the DVD-ROM (just the exact same as with my desktop).

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

View Postlaser444, on 27 August 2010 - 01:52 PM, said:

When I use only the DVD-RW drive, it works, but it does not work when I use a DVD-ROM to hold the source CDs and the DVD-RW to hold the blank CD (which to me makes more sense, and does not risk damaging or overwriting the original CDs).

I don't want a way around this (I can think of many safer wasys around it) --I want a way to do this such that the source CDs remain in the DVD-ROM (just the exact same as with my desktop).

Sorry it works the way I told you it would.

Why do you think your original CD's would be at risk, "does not risk damaging or overwriting the original CDs" ? :rolleyes:
cd
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users