• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tentcamp

tentcamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

I am not happy with the new version either.  I liked the flexability of 5.  Now  when you find the transition you want to use you are stuck with the background.  I like to change things around, some backgrounds look more professional but the transition does not work for me.  I like each one to look different not be stuck with the one that I find acceptable. I would be happy if they just made version 5 compatable with Windows 7.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

View Posttentcamp, on 26 August 2010 - 06:15 AM, said:

I am not happy with the new version either.  I liked the flexability of 5.  Now  when you find the transition you want to use you are stuck with the background.  I like to change things around, some backgrounds look more professional but the transition does not work for me.  I like each one to look different not be stuck with the one that I find acceptable. I would be happy if they just made version 5 compatable with Windows 7.

There is no compatibility issue with PhotoShow 5 and W7.  I run both on my computer.  Why do you think there is a compatibility issue?  

If you are talking about one of the Creator or Easy Media Creator products, then you are correct; only Creator 2010 and Creator 2011 are compatible.

I'm not sure whay you mean by "backgrounds", please explain.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 tentcamp

tentcamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

I guess styles would be a better word.  I tealize you can change the background of the title and it would be nice if that background would carry over into all the show.
I was told by Corel that it was not compatable with Windows 7.  If it is I would be perfectly happy to continue to use it since it did everything I wanted it to.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

View Posttentcamp, on 27 August 2010 - 03:04 AM, said:

I guess styles would be a better word.  I tealize you can change the background of the title and it would be nice if that background would carry over into all the show.
I was told by Corel that it was not compatable with Windows 7.  If it is I would be perfectly happy to continue to use it since it did everything I wanted it to.

Corel?   How did that get into it?   Where/when did you get your copy of PhotoShow? What version are you running?  Did Corel have a version of PhotoShow?   Are you using a version earlier than version 5 or a specialized version of the program modified by Corel?

Over a year ago, Roxio bought out the company that developed PhotoShow.  The earlier versions no longer work with the current on-line set up but that was not because of W7.

Perhaps you are in the wrong forum?  This is Roxio's PhotoShow.

Edited by sknis, 27 August 2010 - 03:26 AM.

Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 tentcamp

tentcamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:33 AM

Sorry I meant Roxio.

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

View Posttentcamp, on 27 August 2010 - 06:33 AM, said:

Sorry I meant Roxio.
Don't be stingy.  What about my other 3 questions about versions and when and where you got it?    

4 words do not make for a good  2 way conversation.  If you really want any help. be more wordy.  If you just wanted to rant, then you have completed it.  Have a nice day.  :)

Apple =OSX 10.5

#7 tentcamp

tentcamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

Don't be stingy.  What about my other 3 questions about versions and when and where you got it?    

4 words do not make for a good  2 way conversation.  If you really want any help. be more wordy.  If you just wanted to rant, then you have completed it.  Have a nice day.  :)
[/quote]

Corel? How did that get into it? Where/when did you get your copy of PhotoShow? What version are you running? Did Corel have a version of PhotoShow? Are you using a version earlier than version 5 or a specialized version of the program modified by Corel?

Over a year ago, Roxio bought out the company that developed PhotoShow. The earlier versions no longer work with the current on-line set up but that was not because of W7. [/i]

I have used Roxio version 5 for the past 3 or 4 years and loved it.  (I downloaded it from the internet and purchased the disk, I thought it said Roxio on it but maybe it didn't) When I got a new computer with Windows 7 on it I went to the Microsofe site to see if Photoshow 5 was compatable with it, it was not listed at all.  So, I went to the Roxio PhotoShow site and asked the live support person and was told by them that it was not compatable.  I then purchased a copy from the Roxio site (and Disk also)and installed it on my Windows 7 computer.  I did not try to install the version 7 since I was told that it is not compatable.  I have been struggling with the new version which to me seems to have less flexability than the other version.  There are parts of it that I do like better. I really have no desire to post any of my shows on the internet.  I mostly do memorial type of shows so a lot of the transitions and themes or whatever this version calls them don't seem appropriate to me.  I make the show burn to a couple disks for the family and that is it.  I use primarily the carousel type transitions and they used to have a choice of backgrounds that you could see as the pictures were cycling through.

#8 tentcamp

tentcamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:07 AM

View Postsknis, on 27 August 2010 - 03:24 AM, said:

Corel?   How did that get into it?   Where/when did you get your copy of PhotoShow? What version are you running?  Did Corel have a version of PhotoShow?   Are you using a version earlier than version 5 or a specialized version of the program modified by Corel?

Over a year ago, Roxio bought out the company that developed PhotoShow.  The earlier versions no longer work with the current on-line set up but that was not because of W7.

Perhaps you are in the wrong forum?  This is Roxio's PhotoShow.

About the Corel it was a mistake, I am also learning a new Corel photo editing program. Sorry for the confusion.

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:18 AM

View Posttentcamp, on 30 August 2010 - 03:04 AM, said:

I have used Roxio version 5 for the past 3 or 4 years and loved it.  (I downloaded it from the internet and purchased the disk, I thought it said Roxio on it but maybe it didn't)

When I got a new computer with Windows 7 on it I went to the Microsofe site to see if Photoshow 5 was compatable with it, it was not listed at all.  So, I went to the Roxio PhotoShow site and asked the live support person and was told by them that it was not compatable.  I then purchased a copy from the Roxio site (and Disk also)and installed it on my Windows 7 computer.

I did not try to install the version 7 since I was told that it is not compatable.  I have been struggling with the new version which to me seems to have less flexability than the other version.  There are parts of it that I do like better. I really have no desire to post any of my shows on the internet.  I mostly do memorial type of shows so a lot of the transitions and themes or whatever this version calls them don't seem appropriate to me.  I make the show burn to a couple disks for the family and that is it.  I use primarily the carousel type transitions and they used to have a choice of backgrounds that you could see as the pictures were cycling through.

Not every piece of software is listed on the Microsoft site.  The person at PhotoShow was mistaken OR the version you had was indeed from another vendor (MGI). I have both Roxio's V5 and Roxio's V6 on my computer and they both run perfectly.  I have W7 64 bit Ultimate.

Version 7 ?  There is no version 7 of PhotoShow.  Is that another typo?  It is frustrating when you don't take care to proof your posts before you make them.

Out of the 165 or so themes you can't find one you like?

Just back up your hard drive, prepare your computer like this and then re-install V5 - if it is the Roxio V5.  It should have Roxio all over it when you open it and it should be Version 5.0 Build 3034 when you look at the "About" information.

Edit.  I have also been told that V5 is not W7 compatible.  Additionally I was told it may run but not all the features would be available.  I have looked at the the standard features to make a PhotoShow and have not found one that did not work.  I have not completed a PhotoShow since i canceled out before I finished.

Having said that, you are on your own in loading V5 onto your W7 computer.  Make the back up or create a restore point if you do decide to try it.

Edited by sknis, 30 August 2010 - 05:03 AM.

Apple =OSX 10.5

#10 tentcamp

tentcamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:06 AM

Sorry, I meant Windows 7.  I will try to install Roxio PhotoShow version 5 on it.  Yes, are a couple themes that I like.   Thanks for your help.  I will not frustrate you further.

#11 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

View Posttentcamp, on 30 August 2010 - 05:06 AM, said:

Sorry, I meant Windows 7.  I will try to install Roxio PhotoShow version 5 on it.  Yes, are a couple themes that I like.   Thanks for your help.  I will not frustrate you further.

Actually I think you meant V5 of PhotoShow.

No frustration; I'm just sorry I could not be more specific and offer you any better help.

Make sure you have that restore point and/or a hard drive backup before you try.

Edited by sknis, 30 August 2010 - 05:49 AM.

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users