Thenop

Toast 10.7 Pre-Release Message

Question

Hi All,

new here. Purchased Toast as a download 7 weeks ago and now, on start up I get the following message displayed:

"this pre-release version will expire soon. Please contact Roxio for a release version or a new Beta"

2 options:

Buy Now!

or

OK

When I click OK, the program just starts.

But ehm.... I just purchased this! What's with the buy now? And why would this ever expire?

I don't like pop ups like these...

Anyone had a similar thing happening yet?

I am on the latest version of Snow Leopard (10.6.4)...

Norbert

24 answers to this question

Hi All,

new here. Purchased Toast as a download 7 weeks ago and now, on start up I get the following message displayed:

"this pre-release version will expire soon. Please contact Roxio for a release version or a new Beta"

2 options:

Buy Now!

or

OK

When I click OK, the program just starts.

But ehm.... I just purchased this! What's with the buy now? And why would this ever expire?

I don't like pop ups like these...

Anyone had a similar thing happening yet?

I am on the latest version of Snow Leopard (10.6.4)...

Norbert

I've met the same problem.

I purchsed Toast 10 Pro last December,

and now I get the strange pop-up message.

What's wrong with it?

post-87157-046146000 1283679225.jpg

Hi,

I'm having the same message in the german version. I bought my toast premium in december 09 and I installed later with all updates. Perhaps it's an error in the latest update 10.7, which was declared as a beta and came along with a time counter.

Yep, same here. Just posted my own thread before seeing this one. Like you I bought it also and in fact you can't download the s/w without buying it, so this is crazy.

Same here. Started my old copy of Toast 10.0.7 this morning and got the same message. They'd better not make things worse by actually preventing me from using Toast! Then I'd be really pissed.

I also bought my copy (but in March) and am shocked that this message has come up to. Anyone from Roxio please update us on a fix

Me too. Some screw up at Roxio, I guess. For me the OK button was available so clicking that launched Toast.

I've met the same problem.

I purchsed Toast 10 Pro last December,

and now I get the strange pop-up message.

What's wrong with it?

I am getting the same message in french, and when i clic "buy now"

i get a page about creator 2011...

If i clic "OK" everything goes on...

Me too. Some screw up at Roxio, I guess. For me the OK button was available so clicking that launched Toast.

Here, here!! Same here. I checked my registered s/w with Roxio and it does list 10.0 pro as registered.

When I open 10.0.2, I do not get the message, only 10.0.7.

Hope it gets fixed soon. I'm wondering what is going on with Toast 10 since there have been no new versions in quite a while.

Hope it does not portend of things.

same response here, i bought toast via online website in august

today opened toast and got pre release message,

opened up a ticket via support.

see what they will answer

eric e

This expiry warning is real too. Try setting your System clock forward a month and see what happens - no Toast for you. :(

Me TOO! I bought this online and at first thought maybe I was ripped off by some pirating scheme...now I know it's happening to LOTS of people. :blink:

Yap, the same problem with mine. I posted a response to another thread as well. Hope Roxio will get this fix very soon before it really expires...

I have the same issue. This seems like this could be a pretty big issue which can be resolved with a patch. I just emailed them and am waiting for a resolution. I hope they get back to us on this issue soon because spending $150 bucks on a piece of software and then having it not work is enough to *^$$ me off!

• Like 1

add me to the list too.

started getting this error today.

i deleted the preferences. didn't fix the problem.

deleted toast, along with the preferences, re-installed. didn't fix the problem.

Edited by umkcdds

Hi,

Same problem. sent two emails to Roxio over 24 hours ago. No response. This my first Roxio product. Is this level of poor service typical of Roxio?

Hi Everybody -

We are aware of the problem and working on a fix for it ASAP.

For more details, here is the KB article: "Pre-release version" message when launching Toast 10.0.7

Thanks,

Jon

Hi,

Same problem. sent two emails to Roxio over 24 hours ago. No response. This my first Roxio product. Is this level of poor service typical of Roxio?

We took notice of the issue at the same time you did, and we're testing a patch now that we finished up with last night. Hoping to release by end of day Tuesday. Although this shouldn't have happened, we did get messaging up on the site fairly quick (KB article) and got the team together on a holiday weekend to get the fix developed and into QA hands.

An updater has been created to resolve the issue. Please download it here.

Thanks for your patience and being a Roxio customer!

Sincerely,

The Roxio Team