umkcdds

"an Error Has Occurred Recompressing The Video"

Question

I am not able to burn a video that I have to compress. Everytime I try to burn a Video_TS folder, and I click the "options" button to only select certain parts this happens. It happens every time - I've tried many different Video_TS folders this way and get the error every time.

Up until now, I've just switched to another program for burning things that I wanted to compress as well, but now I'm tired of now being able to use Toast for what it is made for. I used to be able to burn and compress with older versions of Toast.

Any idea what the problem is? Any help would be appreciated!

Using Toast 10.0.8 on an iMac 27" core i7 with 12GB of RAM.

9 answers to this question

That feature broke in Toast 10.0.7 and has yet to be fixed. If you have an earlier version of Toast 10 then use it when you want to do the fit-to-DVD compression. The feature does work if you do not deselect any content but fit the entire source VIDEO_TS folder. You don't need the entire Toast 10 Titanium folder from an earlier version; just the Toast application itself. You can have (and use) multiple versions of Toast on the same computer.

Another option is to have Toast make a new VIDEO_TS folder of just the content you want from the source. This is done by selecting DVD video as the format in the Video window. Place the source VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop and choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double click on what appears in the browser window to see the individual titles (you also can double click on a title to see the chapters within the title). Drag what you want to the Toast Video window.

When Toast is done extracting the videos you can set up the menu the way you want. If the content is too large for a single-layer disc choose Save as Disc Image and then burn the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

The nice thing about this approach is you get a menu. Of course you may hate the hassle.

I can't believe this 'bug' hasn't been fixed yet. This really reflects poorly on Roxio that they released an update that broke dvd compression in .07 and was not fixed in .08. What was fixed?

Toast 10 Titanium v10.0.8

Removes erroneous pre-release message on launch

How about fixing the erroneous message that prevents functionality!

Same issues here -

Tick tock - still broken.

It works if I go and use my Version 8 Toast. Why did I buy Version 10 then? This is a very basic function - almost the only thing I use...or used.

I too have this problem. I only bought it so that I could put multiple short videos on to one dvd . Now it seems I have wasted my money.

I too have this problem. I only bought it so that I could put multiple short videos on to one dvd . Now it seems I have wasted my money.

See my earlier post about how to add videos from multiple DVDs. My suggested method provides you a menu which I think is better than using the VIDEO_TS Folders setting.

See my earlier post about how to add videos from multiple DVDs. My suggested method provides you a menu which I think is better than using the VIDEO_TS Folders setting.

I appreciate the work tsantee has done with this issue, but I am incensed that Roxio have done absolutely nothing to fix this bug. I have written to the support dept and have been ignored.

This is proof that Roxio cares zero for its customers and I will be looking to get a refund for this flawed rip off.

Does anyone know who is dealing with this issue at Roxio? Or am I correct in assuming they have our money and therefore can't be arsed?

Is there a possibility of downloading Toast 10.x? x being whatever version they produced that actually works?

Edited by chrisrr

I appreciate the work tsantee has done with this issue, but I am incensed that Roxio have done absolutely nothing to fix this bug. I have written to the support dept and have been ignored.

This is proof that Roxio cares zero for its customers and I will be looking to get a refund for this flawed rip off.

Does anyone know who is dealing with this issue at Roxio? Or am I correct in assuming they have our money and therefore can't be arsed?

Is there a possibility of downloading Toast 10.x? x being whatever version they produced that actually works?

As Roxio have completely ignored my request for support on this issue, I am looking on the Limewire and Pirate Bay-type sites for a previous version of Toast 10. Once downloaded I will use my own serial number to activate this very buggy software. If this works, I will post back.

This is a ridiculous state of affairs and is irresponsible behaviour from a company the size of Roxio.

This same bug is occurring in Toast 11 - so it is still not fixed.

It does reflect poorly on Roxio - I am tired of wasting my money on their products that don't work. Toast 11 is the last Roxio product I buy unless they fix the bugs.

I can't believe this 'bug' hasn't been fixed yet. This really reflects poorly on Roxio that they released an update that broke dvd compression in .07 and was not fixed in .08. What was fixed?

Toast 10 Titanium v10.0.8

Removes erroneous pre-release message on launch

How about fixing the erroneous message that prevents functionality!

This same bug is occurring in Toast 11 - so it is still not fixed.

It does reflect poorly on Roxio - I am tired of wasting my money on their products that don't work. Toast 11 is the last Roxio product I buy unless they fix the bugs.

I haven't followed this topic for awhile so this may already have been mentioned. The problem is most apparent when a source DVD is ripped by RipIt. Since Roxio doesn't support ripping commercial DVDs they may be reluctant to fix an issue that is specific to one DVD ripping application. I've posted a couple workarounds already but another is to not use RipIt if you're going to use Toast and want to deselect any of the content on the final single-layer DVD.