37 replies to this topic

#1 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

I have the easy CD & DVD burner (version 10.1), and have Windows 7. All installed fine, but after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times I keep getting the following message when I click on Clasic Creater "dragon engine initializing failure". How can that part be not compatible??? I even returned it for another one, but still have the same problem. I've searched on your site for nearly 3 HOURS and can't find an answer/resolution. Please help.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,913 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

Nancylynn, I think I have bad news for you. :(

Does your Easy CD & DVD Burning packaging show the Windows 7 Compatibility logo?

Win7Compat_logo.jpg

Or is Windows 7 listed on the packaging, or in the Help Center? [run the program and press F1 to see that]
If not, you don't have a compatible version.

I don't believe that version 10.1 is Windows 7 compatible. There are no updates you can download to make it compatible - you need to buy a later version. In Easy CD & DVD Burning, only version 10.3 is compatible.

There is a KnowledgeBase article HERE which lists what software is compatible.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

So, what happens now?

#3 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:08 AM

Thank you for that help, as that is not what I was hoping to hear.  No wonder that program was only $30!  Urgh.
BTW, you were smarter than the On-Line chat person from Roxio.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,515 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

$30 is the right price but I would have thought existing stocks of the Vista/XP version would have been gone by now…

Try them again and see if they don't a box with that Win7 Logo in the lower right corner.

If I may ask, what store was this?
Posted Image

#5 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 05 October 2010 - 07:04 AM, said:

$30 is the right price but I would have thought existing stocks of the Vista/XP version would have been gone by now…

Try them again and see if they don't a box with that Win7 Logo in the lower right corner.

If I may ask, what store was this?

That's why I am frustrated. It does have the Windows 7 logo on the box, but the other response I had on this chat, is it doesn't have "Compatible" on it, so it seems that's what I need to look for.  However, Walmart did not have that.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,515 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:35 AM

The box looks like this:

Box Front.jpg

Nothing else will do for Win7!
Posted Image

#7 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 05 October 2010 - 09:35 AM, said:

The box looks like this:

Attachment Box Front.jpg

Nothing else will do for Win7!

Thank you. I'll have to take a look. I don't believe there is the "compatible" listed on it.

#8 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

View Postnancylynn, on 05 October 2010 - 09:37 AM, said:

Thank you. I'll have to take a look. I don't believe there is the "compatible" listed on it.

Yes, this is the one I have; hence, the reason I was so frustrated.  Still need advice please.

#9 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Any suggestions?

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,913 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

View Postnancylynn, on 05 October 2010 - 06:25 PM, said:

Any suggestions?
Yes, if you would try this, please: I've not seen this particular problem with this software before, but this might well fix it. It certainly won't hurt.

[1] Go to the Roxio KnowledgeBase HERE, and download PX engine 4.18.16a.zip file to your desktop.
[2] Unzip that file on your desktop, to produce the file pxengine4_18_16a.exe on your desktop.
[3] Download this PX.TXT file onto your desktop Attached File  px.txt   37bytes   221 downloads
[4] Rename the file to PX.BAT. [sorry for the fluffing around, but the IPBoard won't let me upload a .BAT file]
[5] Double-click on the BAT file, and follow the prompts to reinstall your PX engine.

You may need to restart Windows afterward to load the new engine. You can also delete the three PX files [ZIP, EXE, and BAT] or move them off your desktop when you're done.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

So, what happens now?

#11 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

View PostBrendon, on 05 October 2010 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yes, if you would try this, please: I've not seen this particular problem with this software before, but this might well fix it. It certainly won't hurt.

[1] Go to the Roxio KnowledgeBase HERE, and download PX engine 4.18.16a.zip file to your desktop.
[2] Unzip that file on your desktop, to produce the file pxengine4_18_16a.exe on your desktop.
[3] Download this PX.TXT file onto your desktop Attachment px.txt
[4] Rename the file to PX.BAT. [sorry for the fluffing around, but the IPBoard won't let me upload a .BAT file]
[5] Double-click on the BAT file, and follow the prompts to reinstall your PX engine.

You may need to restart Windows afterward to load the new engine. You can also delete the three PX files [ZIP, EXE, and BAT] or move them off your desktop when you're done.

When i Double-click on the BAT file, to follow the prompts to reinstall the PX engine it just opens the newly named .bat fil in notepad. I did restart anyway, but still the same error message.  ??

#12 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,913 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

View Postnancylynn, on 06 October 2010 - 03:32 AM, said:

When i Double-click on the BAT file, to follow the prompts to reinstall the PX engine it just opens the newly named .bat fil in notepad. I did restart anyway, but still the same error message.  ??
Did you do step 4, -rename the .txt file to PX.BAT properly?
Double-clicking on a batch file should execute the command held inside it, not open the file in Notepad.

Okay, the other way to do this is:
[1] move the pxengine4_18_16a.exe file to the C:\windows\system32 folder
[2] Click the Start button, select Run and enter the command pxengine4_18_16a.exe /pxhelponvista and click Enter. You can cut and paste the command from this message.
[3] Follow the prompts in the box which opens
setup.jpg

Regards,
Brendon

So, what happens now?

#13 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

View PostBrendon, on 06 October 2010 - 12:35 PM, said:

Did you do step 4, -rename the .txt file to PX.BAT properly?
Double-clicking on a batch file should execute the command held inside it, not open the file in Notepad.

Okay, the other way to do this is:
[1] move the pxengine4_18_16a.exe file to the C:\windows\system32 folder
[2] Click the Start button, select Run and enter the command pxengine4_18_16a.exe /pxhelponvista and click Enter. You can cut and paste the command from this message.
[3] Follow the prompts in the box which opens
Attachment setup.jpg

Now I get this error:  no box pops up.Attachment error message.jpg

Regards,
Brendon

Attached Images

• error message.jpg

#14 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,913 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:44 PM

Nancylynn,

I can't replicate any of the problems you're having with this PX reinstall. I don't know why it isn't working for you.

Okay, try this one, since it doesn't require a switch [e.g. /pxhelponvista] to make it work. Forget about PX4_18_16a for the moment.

- Download THIS FILE instead.
- Unzip the file into any spare folder
- Double-click on the .exe file which came out of the zip
- restart windows after that's done.

Regards,
Brendon

Edited by Brendon, 06 October 2010 - 06:46 PM.

So, what happens now?

#15 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

Nope. It did give me the box to run the PX engine set up though. I did and restarted, but still getting the dragon engine error.  Now what?  I hope you are enjoying the puzzle enough for both of us.

#16 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,913 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

Nope, haven't been enjoying it at all, but have been persisting in case I could fix it for you.

I still have that niggling worry about version 10.1 not being compatible. I expected version 10.3 was the one which has been modified to be compatible.

The only other thing I can suggest at this point is a "clean install" to try to restore the software to factory condition. There doesn't seem to be a 'clean install' article for Version 10 in Windows 7, so I think the one for Version 10 in Vista HERE would probably be the best to use.

Regards,
Brendon

So, what happens now?

#17 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,610 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:52 AM

View Postnancylynn, on 06 October 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

Nope. It did give me the box to run the PX engine set up though. I did and restarted, but still getting the dragon engine error.  Now what?  I hope you are enjoying the puzzle enough for both of us.

This is grasping at straws.  The following KB article was a fix for that error message, dating back to the EMC 7 days, so I am not sure that the files are even in Win 7, but give it a try:

http://kb.roxio.com/...7000031&PARAMS=
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#18 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 07 October 2010 - 04:52 AM, said:

This is grasping at straws.  The following KB article was a fix for that error message, dating back to the EMC 7 days, so I am not sure that the files are even in Win 7, but give it a try:

http://kb.roxio.com/...7000031&PARAMS=

Thank you, I'll try this tonight.  Something has to work now the me and my new buds on this forum has spent a lot of time on this problem.

#19 nancylynn

nancylynn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

I just got a message from Roxio... finally!  10.1 is not compatible, even though it says that on the box cover; only 10.3 is.  I must have the 10.1 version like I originally thought I did!  

As Brendon said way at the beginning of this, it's not compatible.  Sorry for not focusing back on that and not being in denial that this won't work.

Thanks for everyone's help.  :rolleyes:

The good news is that we can put this to bed.

Edited by nancylynn, 07 October 2010 - 06:48 AM.

#20 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,610 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

View Postnancylynn, on 07 October 2010 - 06:45 AM, said:

I just got a message from Roxio... finally!  10.1 is not compatible, even though it says that on the box cover; only 10.3 is.  I must have the 10.1 version like I originally thought I did!  

As Brendon said way at the beginning of this, it's not compatible.  Sorry for not focusing back on that and not being in denial that this won't work.

Thanks for everyone's help.  :rolleyes:

The good news is that we can put this to bed.

If it says that it is Windows 7 compatible, on the box, then it is quite possible that the packaging was wrong.  Even if you didn't get the software from Roxio, ask them if they will provide the correct disc(s).
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users