• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NovySan

NovySan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

When presented with the choice of 2D or 3D, if one chooses 3D, then ONLY the option for AVCHD becomes available. I am running 2011 Pro, so I should have the BD Plugin installed by default. Is there anything else I need to do? I don't really want to burn HD on DVDs. The marketing of this product led me to believe that I could burn 3D Stereo Blu Discs.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostNovySan, on 05 October 2010 - 01:14 PM, said:

When presented with the choice of 2D or 3D, if one chooses 3D, then ONLY the option for AVCHD becomes available. I am running 2011 Pro, so I should have the BD Plugin installed by default. Is there anything else I need to do? I don't really want to burn HD on DVDs. The marketing of this product led me to believe that I could burn 3D Stereo Blu Discs.

No, you cannot burn a Blu-ray 3D DVD; I'm not sure where you saw that it could.  The information clearly states that you can do only standard DVD or AVCHD with 3 D. Read this.  Perhaps you mis-read the marketing blurb.

If you bought the program directly from Roxio's on-line store withing the last 30 days, you can contact them for a refund.  You are on your own if you got it from a big box store.

Yes, you only get a standard DVD and an AVCHD disc.  How much time do you want to put on a DVD?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,142 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

There is a way around this if you need to do a BD disc for added Time it offers…

It will still be a No Menu format... but before you jump consider the capacity of an AVCHD on DVD:

AVCHD on a 4.7 GB DVD: (thanks to ggrussell)
  • HQ – 00:40:24 @ 1920 X 1080P = 40 min
  • SP – 00:50:16 @ 1920 X 1080I = 46 min
  • LP – 1:00:00 @ 1440 X 1080I = 54 min
  • EP – 1:24:31 1280 X 720P = 1:14 min

AVCHD on 8.5 GB DVD:
  • HQ – 1:13
  • SP – 1:24
  • LP – 1:39
  • EP – 2:15

"EP" in HD is nothing to dismiss lightly!

Grab a DVD RW and make some test samples in various quality to see what you think. ;)

And let us know what you think - this is Year One for Roxio in the 3D Arena, so we are all trying things and comparing notes.
Posted Image

#4 bulldog49

bulldog49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

yes you can make a 3d blu-ray, start with videowave and choose 3d 16:9 widescreen then choose your video file and let it convert, then choose output, export as, then on the make movie screen for purpose=all, if you live in usa choose ntsc, for 3d video format= reald if you have a 3d tv with special glasses or anaglyph for colored glasses, video file quality=avchd 1280x720/24p,leave normalize audio unchecked, file name=whateveryou choose,then click create video file. when this gets done close down videowave it will ask you do you what to save production you can answer no you already saved what you want. then open up mydvd and choose 2d blu-ray then you can give it a name on the menu then add your movie you just made, then burn it. this takes awhile doing the conversions but it works. i open videowave and mydvd through the start menu button so you they start by themselves without the roxio home screen.

Edited by bulldog49, 18 December 2010 - 05:42 PM.

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:48 AM

View Postbulldog49, on 18 December 2010 - 05:39 PM, said:

yes you can make a 3d blu-ray, start with videowave and choose 3d 16:9 widescreen then choose your video file and let it convert, then choose output, export as, then on the make movie screen for purpose=all, if you live in usa choose ntsc, for 3d video format= reald if you have a 3d tv with special glasses or anaglyph for colored glasses, video file quality=avchd 1280x720/24p,leave normalize audio unchecked, file name=whateveryou choose,then click create video file. when this gets done close down videowave it will ask you do you what to save production you can answer no you already saved what you want. then open up mydvd and choose 2d blu-ray then you can give it a name on the menu then add your movie you just made, then burn it. this takes awhile doing the conversions but it works. i open videowave and mydvd through the start menu button so you they start by themselves without the roxio home screen.

??? So you are making a 3D project with an AVCHD video and then burning it to a blu-ray disc.  It plays in 3D on your blu-ray player?

How about putting some paragraphs in your post.  It is very hard to follow.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 bulldog49

bulldog49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:55 AM

the original video was not a avchd file but i converted it to one in videowave and yes i made a blu-ray disk that plays on a 3d blu-ray player and 3d tv. i had to set the tv 3d settings to side by side, and it had no colored band at bottom of the video, like i,ve been complaining about when makeing a avchd reald dvd disc.

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,142 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

There is No Need to convert a file into another format! All conversions need to only take place ONCE and that is at burn time in MyDVD...

I have pointed out in other tread, there is more than One 'side by side' format. Pick the wrong one and you will have nothing but troubles.

Might be a good test to run this through all Four 'side by sides' and see what happens...

Attached File  Import Formats.jpg   42.46K   1 downloads
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users