3 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Jane

Mary Jane

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

I have Photoshow 5 and Photoshow 6.  When I go into Photoshow 5, one photo file is missing out of Photos on My PC - My pictures.  The file in question is on My PC under My Documents - My Pictures. When I click on My Photos on My PC the file is not in Photoshow 5.  I opened my Photoshow 6 and when I click on "select individual photos or videos to add", My pictures pop up and there it is.  Why isn't it in Photoshow 5.  I have tried to add the file of pictures a couple of times and it never appears in Photoshow 5.  Does anyone have an answer?  Seems I always have a situation that is a complete mystery.  Any help would be appreciated.  I love working out of Photoshow 5 and cannot figure why I can't pull up this particular file of pictures.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:16 AM

View PostMary Jane, on 05 October 2010 - 07:36 PM, said:

I have Photoshow 5 and Photoshow 6.  When I go into Photoshow 5, one photo file is missing out of Photos on My PC - My pictures.  The file in question is on My PC under My Documents - My Pictures. When I click on My Photos on My PC the file is not in Photoshow 5.  I opened my Photoshow 6 and when I click on "select individual photos or videos to add", My pictures pop up and there it is.  Why isn't it in Photoshow 5.  I have tried to add the file of pictures a couple of times and it never appears in Photoshow 5.  Does anyone have an answer?  Seems I always have a situation that is a complete mystery.  Any help would be appreciated.  I love working out of Photoshow 5 and cannot figure why I can't pull up this particular file of pictures.
What is the size and format of the picture?  What is the physicl size of the picture on your computer?  If the image is too large then it won't add.  Resize it downwards.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Mary Jane

Mary Jane

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

View Postsknis, on 06 October 2010 - 03:16 AM, said:

What is the size and format of the picture?  What is the physicl size of the picture on your computer?  If the image is too large then it won't add.  Resize it downwards.

It is a file with pictures in it that I couldn't transfer.  My niece gave me a CD to download these pictures.  She gave me two sizes on the same CD - the size that won't download is (4272 x 2848  4:03 MB).  I assume these pictures are too big, however, Photoshow 6 accepted them. The other size of pictures on the CD which are the same pictures different size is (360 x 240  43.5KB), and I put the smaller ones in a file in MY Pictures and Photoshow 5 accepted them. However, they are too small, they won't fill the screen of my Photoshow.   I saw that most of my pictures are in this size range 2896 X 1944  1.34 MB  and  2048 X 1536  766KB.  My Niece has a new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi and she had a difficult time putting the pictures onto a CD.  I'm going to call and tell her but I'm not sure she knows how to make them the correct size.  I wonder why Photoshow 6 accepted the larger pictures.  Do you know how I can resize either the larger ones or smaller ones?  Would appreciate any help you can offer.  Thank you!

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

View PostMary Jane, on 06 October 2010 - 11:22 AM, said:

It is a file with pictures in it that I couldn't transfer.  My niece gave me a CD to download these pictures.  She gave me two sizes on the same CD - the size that won't download is (4272 x 2848  4:03 MB).  I assume these pictures are too big, however, Photoshow 6 accepted them. The other size of pictures on the CD which are the same pictures different size is (360 x 240  43.5KB), and I put the smaller ones in a file in MY Pictures and Photoshow 5 accepted them. However, they are too small, they won't fill the screen of my Photoshow.   I saw that most of my pictures are in this size range 2896 X 1944  1.34 MB  and  2048 X 1536  766KB.  My Niece has a new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi and she had a difficult time putting the pictures onto a CD.  I'm going to call and tell her but I'm not sure she knows how to make them the correct size.  I wonder why Photoshow 6 accepted the larger pictures.  Do you know how I can resize either the larger ones or smaller ones?  Would appreciate any help you can offer.  Thank you!
Perhaps there is some confusion.What you are posting is the resolution of the images; the number of pixels horizontally and vertically. You may see that the size of the picture is something like 36 by 24 inches.  That is too large (from my experience) the image should be resized to something more reasonable like 8 by 10.  

Do you have a photo editing program?  I don't know if the photo editing program in V6 will resize the images.  I'll look later.

Edit, I just reaalized that the only photo editing is part of the on-line Photo Show and it really a basic, basic editor.

Edited by sknis, 06 October 2010 - 02:00 PM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users