• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Deb B.

Vista 64 Bit System...compatible?

Question

Hi everyone, I could use some advice desperately. The CD only opens to the beginning instructions and when I try to install, the CD rom drive just spins, after a while I get a windows message of "Roxio not responding". I purchased MyDVD 10 a few weeks ago and opted for the CD instead of the online download. In looking at the system requirements, it said it was compatible with 64 and 32 bit systems. For the life of me, I am unable to download from the CD. I went back and looked at system requirements again, it says for Windows 7 (64 and 32). It lists Vista but does not note the 64 and 32. I am wondering if this is my problem. Unfortunately, I have sent e-mails to the customer service and also the tech. department. They only send back automated responses that tells me how to download my purchase from their website, which I purchased the CD and not the download. If my system is not compatible with this product, I am hoping to return it for a refund.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. I am not a real computer tech person but am willing to try to get this up and running. Thanks Deb B.

7 answers to this question

Hi everyone, I could use some advice desperately. The CD only opens to the beginning instructions and when I try to install, the CD rom drive just spins, after a while I get a windows message of "Roxio not responding". I purchased MyDVD 10 a few weeks ago and opted for the CD instead of the online download. In looking at the system requirements, it said it was compatible with 64 and 32 bit systems. For the life of me, I am unable to download from the CD. I went back and looked at system requirements again, it says for Windows 7 (64 and 32). It lists Vista but does not note the 64 and 32. I am wondering if this is my problem. Unfortunately, I have sent e-mails to the customer service and also the tech. department. They only send back automated responses that tells me how to download my purchase from their website, which I purchased the CD and not the download. If my system is not compatible with this product, I am hoping to return it for a refund.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. I am not a real computer tech person but am willing to try to get this up and running. Thanks Deb B.

What service pack is your Vista x64 operating system running?

What service pack is your Vista x64 operating system running?

Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium 64-bit Edition English

Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium 64-bit Edition English

MyDVD® 10 Premier

Minimum System Requirements:

Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate (32- or 64 bit), Windows VistaTM Home/Business/Ultimate, Windows XP Professional, Home or MCE Edition, with Service Pack 2 or later

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/mydvd/premier/requirements.html

Thanks for your reply. I will check my computer when I get home to see if I updated it to service pack 2 (unfortunately I am at work and had to look up what I originally purchased from Dell in January 2009 online). I will let you know and thanks again for giving ideas of what to do. I didn't see where they noted 64 behind the Vista in their specs like they did with Windows 7.

OK I checked my system when I got home from work. Yes it has been upgraded to serive pack 2. Any other suggestions? I still wonder if it is because I have a vista 64 and not windows 7. Roxio support has not helped me.

Try this Deb..

Make a new folder on your desktop, right click the desktop, new folder.

Put the installation disc in the Drive, navigate to it, all programs, my computer, right click open/explore on the drive icon. Right click select all on the disc contents that opened, right click copy, go to the folder you made on the desktop, open it and right click paste into the folder.

If the disc is bad it won't copy to the folder and you should get a error.

If it works double click the .exe and start the install process..

cdanteek, you are an angel!!! Thank you soooo much, your easy to follow directions on creating the folder and loading from there worked. Roxio should be paying you for your time and talent. I hope to start on my video project this weekend to send to my mom. Thanks again, you truly are a digital guru angel! Deb