trilicote

Scanning In Lists Of Artists & Song Titles & Use Them

Question

have 5 large binders of artist,song titles,record labels and years released.I would like to know if there are any programs to scan in this information,and syncing them to roxio 2010,lightscribe,or gracenote.I've been cataloguing every song,along with release dates for over 20 years.If i could find a program that would do this,I would be the happyest man on the planet.I would do anything to avoid haveing to write all of that information over again.

2 answers to this question

I can't think of an easy way to do that - you'd need to scan them first with an OCR program into a file (simple scanning won't give a text file, just an image) and then try to import that file somehow

Whether it will work or not, I honestly don't know (I'd doubt it as Gracenote reads the album info direct from thje compilation)

have 5 large binders of artist,song titles,record labels and years released.I would like to know if there are any programs to scan in this information,and syncing them to roxio 2010,lightscribe,or gracenote.I've been cataloguing every song,along with release dates for over 20 years.If i could find a program that would do this,I would be the happyest man on the planet.I would do anything to avoid haveing to write all of that information over again.

Do you have CDs with text that has that information or the original CDs? In 2010 there was an application to catalog your discs. You put the disc in the drive, the program read the information from the disc or from Gracenotes and created a catalog. Perhaps that will take the burden off for some of the newer CDs.