• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merchandiser

merchandiser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

I tried to install an old copy of Adaptec CD Creator 6 on my computer a few weeks ago. In the process of doing the installation, I got an error message that said that the version I was installing was not compatible with Windows XP and the installation would stop. Apparently, it did some damage to the programming before it stopped. For a while, the computer wouldn't recognize my DVD-RW at all. Then some kind person gave me directions to fix part of it, and now I can use the DVD to download programs again, but it won't play CD's or DVD's. And my copy of Roxio CD Creator 10 says I don't have a DVD player installed. When I insert a music CD, the DVD will show the cdl files, but will not play audio. When I insert a DVD, the DVD will show the video bup, ifo and vob files, but will not play video. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,079 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

View Postmerchandiser, on 23 October 2010 - 09:28 AM, said:

I tried to install an old copy of Adaptec CD Creator 6 on my computer a few weeks ago. In the process of doing the installation, I got an error message that said that the version I was installing was not compatible with Windows XP and the installation would stop. Apparently, it did some damage to the programming before it stopped. For a while, the computer wouldn't recognize my DVD-RW at all. Then some kind person gave me directions to fix part of it, and now I can use the DVD to download programs again, but it won't play CD's or DVD's. And my copy of Roxio CD Creator 10 says I don't have a DVD player installed. When I insert a music CD, the DVD will show the cdl files, but will not play audio. When I insert a DVD, the DVD will show the video bup, ifo and vob files, but will not play video. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Please explain "I can use the DVD to download programs".

#3 merchandiser

merchandiser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

I can put the disk for Roxio CD Creator 10 and load the program onto the computer, or a disk like Font Factory and take fonts off of the disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users