Toast 7, Lacie D2 Drive And Osx 10.6.4

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bate Brand

Bate Brand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Graphic design, website design, photography and music.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

I recently purchased on Amazon a new Lacie d2 dual dvd+-RW Drive because a cd is stuck in my iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac OS X Version 10.6.4. Boxed with the drive was Toast 7 Titanium. Software installed ok and appears to run but shortly after I drag and drop files to be burned and error pops up "Interface Error 5". It then says "the connection is not stable" and the burning fails. Lacie tell me Toast 7 is right for that drive but cannot tell me if Toast 7 is compatible with OS 10.6.4. Support at ROXIO say they cannot help me at all as they no longer give support for Toast 7. I know others have had issues before but couldn't find a thread that quite matched my case - anyone any ideas please? I guess ROXIO would like me to upgrade to Toast 10 but I don't know if this will resolve the problem. Any help much appreciated.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,654 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

There are a lot of good reasons to use the current version of Toast with Snow Leopard than using earlier versions. If you buy Toast 10 as an online download from Roxio there is a 30-day refund policy so you can always return it if doesn't fix the issue.

Now to troubleshoot what's happening. Have you updated the LaCie drive's firmware? This is important because the error you're receiving sometimes is due to incompatibility between the disc media and the dirve's firmware. Firmware updates support more brands and formulations of discs. You also should do a test with Verbatim media because that is typically very reliable with all drive manufacturers.

I believe the Toast 7 was eventually updated to 7.1.3 so you should check if you have the latest update of that version. Unfortunately Roxio no longer has any Toast 7 updates on its Web site.

Edited by tsantee, 24 October 2010 - 09:25 PM.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users