#1 jules x

jules x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

Streamer sounds like a good idea.
I have it installed.
It asks me to login every time I start up, but I have no login. Anyone have any idea where to get one.
Alternatively is there a way to uninstall it?
I can stop it running at startup, but that's not the point. A program should be running and in use or not installed at all in my book.
All ideas welcome.

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,390 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

View Postjules x, on 24 October 2010 - 02:39 PM, said:

I have it installed.
It asks me to login every time I start up, but I have no login. Anyone have any idea where to get one.
I can stop it running at startup, but that's not the point. A program should be running and in use or not installed at all in my book.
All ideas welcome.

Disable(uncheck)it, in msconfig.  Reboot, and you won't get the nag screen anymore.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 b5bluetoo

b5bluetoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

I like Jules x would like to know where I get this login name. Do I use my e-mail or my user name . but keeps telling me I have no account. My I did everything the program told me when I bought my new Roxio 2011 . Any Ideas out there

Thanks
    B5bluetoo

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,207 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

View Postjules x, on 24 October 2010 - 02:39 PM, said:

I have it installed.

Edit:
A proper install of the Streamer at the same time as you install Creator 2011 installs the Streamer Server and Agent, and invokes the Configuration Wizard for the Streamer. It's here that you set up the Streamer and its Administrator Account.

The MSI file in the STREAMER_CLT folder seems to install only the Agent.

If the Streamer is fully installed and you have no login you need to ask the Administrator to set one up for you.

A pinned post at the top of this forum will tell you how to uninstall the Agent if it is annoying you.

Edited by Brendon, 13 December 2010 - 12:33 AM.

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#5 b5bluetoo

b5bluetoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

View PostBrendon, on 12 December 2010 - 08:52 PM, said:

Edit:
A proper install of the Streamer at the same time as you install Creator 2011 installs the Streamer Server and Agent, and invokes the Configuration Wizard for the Streamer. It's here that you set up the Streamer and its Administrator Account.

The MSI file in the STREAMER_CLT folder seems to install only the Agent.

If the Streamer is fully installed and you have no login you need to ask the Administrator to set one up for you.

A pinned post at the top of this forum will tell you how to uninstall the Agent if it is annoying you.

how do I ask the Administrator to set one up for me. Sorry if I don't seem so knowledgeable on this stuff. I don't want to uninstall it I would really like to try it first. It sounds like it would be pretty cool. If it works?

B5bluetoo

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,207 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

View Postb5bluetoo, on 13 December 2010 - 08:07 PM, said:

how do I ask the Administrator to set one up for me. Sorry if I don't seem so knowledgeable on this stuff. I don't want to uninstall it I would really like to try it first. It sounds like it would be pretty cool. If it works?

B5bluetoo
Don't be sorry, here's the place to learn.

When you install Creator 2011 together with the Streamer, there's an automatic wizard which pops up when you restart Windows after the installation. This wizard takes you through configuring the Streamer and setting up the Administrator account for it. That's sort of the "Master" login.

If you installed C2011 and the Streamer you should have made this account yourself, so you shouldn't be without a login. If somebody else installed it, then he's the 'Administrator' and you get him to set an account up for you.

If you have somehow managed to crash out after installing C2011 and Streamer, but without running the configuration wizard, the wizard should pop up when you start Windows. If it doesn't pop up, you can start it yourself by going to the Start Button > Programs > Roxio > Roxio Streamer and clicking on Configuration Wizard.

Attached File  st00.jpg   10.54K   7 downloads

If your system doesn't have the Configuration Wizard available, the Streamer hasn't been installed properly. You might have the Agent installed, but not the Streamer itself.

I hope this helps explain things, but please ask if it's not clear.

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#7 AJ88CAB

AJ88CAB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

View PostBrendon, on 13 December 2010 - 08:41 PM, said:

Don't be sorry, here's the place to learn.

When you install Creator 2011 together with the Streamer, there's an automatic wizard which pops up when you restart Windows after the installation. This wizard takes you through configuring the Streamer and setting up the Administrator account for it. That's sort of the "Master" login.

If you installed C2011 and the Streamer you should have made this account yourself, so you shouldn't be without a login. If somebody else installed it, then he's the 'Administrator' and you get him to set an account up for you.

If you have somehow managed to crash out after installing C2011 and Streamer, but without running the configuration wizard, the wizard should pop up when you start Windows. If it doesn't pop up, you can start it yourself by going to the Start Button > Programs > Roxio > Roxio Streamer and clicking on Configuration Wizard.

Attachment st00.jpg

If your system doesn't have the Configuration Wizard available, the Streamer hasn't been installed properly. You might have the Agent installed, but not the Streamer itself.

I hope this helps explain things, but please ask if it's not clear.

Brendon

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,541 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

WHen you want to reply to a post, just click reply and then type in what you want to say.   You can also click on cancell.  Never put a reply in the quote, it will be missed by some people.

Edited by sknis, 10 January 2011 - 11:58 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 AJ88CAB

AJ88CAB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

OK, so I do not have the Roxio Streamer menus at all.  So apparantly something went wrong during install. I recall a "script error" message...which of course was meaningless to me other than I knew something went wrong. So now it appears it was related to Streamer. I get the Streamer Log-in screen but can not log-in because the wizzard did not run.

There were a couple of "install" screens popping up during the installation, it doesn't surprize me that something went wrong. I guess i just did something in the wrong order...who knows.

Is my best option to just uninstall everything and start over?

thanks, Andrew

Edited by AJ88CAB, 10 January 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#10 wja_2020

wja_2020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

It appears that you are addressing the same problem I just experienced when installing my Roxio streamer....at the Configuration wizard...I have input all the requested fields but I am getting an error message and it will not accept my username and password.  So, I can't use the streamer functionality of the software.  Any thoughts on how to address?  Thanks much!

#11 b5bluetoo

b5bluetoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

reinstalled mine but with making sure I give a streamer name at the beginning of the install. works get now . Have not tried it from a remote place . but can watch stuff on  any Tv from the computer with streaming through X_box any where in the house.  cool

thanks guys

B5blue

#12 Conquistadoc

Conquistadoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

I too am having a problem getting streamer to open. I have installed Roxio 2011 Special Edition twice attempting to follow advice given in this forum. The install appears to go properly on my win7 box, but when the reboot occurs the configuration wizard opens before the reboot is complete. I get an error message that says "Roxio Streamer Service cannot be located on the network." and then aborts. When windows has fully booted the Streamer logon window opens but I cannot log-in because there is not login information registered since the configuration failed. What to do. Sure would like some advice on this issue. Thanks.

#13 mikebuck

mikebuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

I think a better solution (if streaming is desired) is to ignore roxio streamer (and its large footprint) and opt for freeware with small foot print and simple install/uninstall.
It is nice to see that some of you where able to get streamer to work, or possibly your among those having nothing better to do than give up a few days to prove that you can find a way to get it working at all (I'm proud of you).  I am not so relentless and have given up after 1 day of attempting to recover.  Install crashed (blue screen of death core dump) while at the setup /config screen and then my computer would not restart.  Won't get into how I fixed that but it did take several hours.  Once running again roxiowatchtray and streamer fail on reboot.  Then streamer navigator finally loaded (that started without my intervention except for many reboots) but it needed a login (as stated here in the forum).  Attempts to run setup /configure results in either a reboot (involuntary) or a fail message saying streamer service could not be started contact customer service.  Anyone who has ever tried getting help or assistant from the service folks know that is not likely to happen (I have never received help from them much less even a courtesy contact).
Personally I plan to remove streamer from my system as I suspect it will be years before they get it working properly.  Roxio /Sonic is just like Microsoft, they launch a product before it is ready and field a product with one or more apps that is full of bugs or fails completely, they do it every release.  I should have stayed with ver8.

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,667 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

View Postmikebuck, on 21 June 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

I think a better solution (if streaming is desired) is to ignore roxio streamer (and its large footprint) and opt for freeware with small foot print and simple install/uninstall.
It is nice to see that some of you where able to get streamer to work, or possibly your among those having nothing better to do than give up a few days to prove that you can find a way to get it working at all (I'm proud of you).  I am not so relentless and have given up after 1 day of attempting to recover.  Install crashed (blue screen of death core dump) while at the setup /config screen and then my computer would not restart.  Won't get into how I fixed that but it did take several hours.  Once running again roxiowatchtray and streamer fail on reboot.  Then streamer navigator finally loaded (that started without my intervention except for many reboots) but it needed a login (as stated here in the forum).  Attempts to run setup /configure results in either a reboot (involuntary) or a fail message saying streamer service could not be started contact customer service.  Anyone who has ever tried getting help or assistant from the service folks know that is not likely to happen (I have never received help from them much less even a courtesy contact).
Personally I plan to remove streamer from my system as I suspect it will be years before they get it working properly.  Roxio /Sonic is just like Microsoft, they launch a product before it is ready and field a product with one or more apps that is full of bugs or fails completely, they do it every release.  I should have stayed with ver8.
Nonsense!
Posted Image

#15 Jock Tamson

Jock Tamson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

All these replies are gobbledegook to me,maybe because technology has overtaken me.I too have installed Creator 2011,it doesn't work and I was thinking the streamer thingy may have something to do with it.I have switched off the firewall went into msconfig and disabled all the start up programmes,rebooted and guess what? The fekin thing still doesn't work.
Anybody any ideas???Keep them simple!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users